68 Bullet fender signal indicators bulb replacement (HOW?)

-
Amber lens should have a slot, twists out with a large flat head screwdriver.

That is the problem, some have slots and will not turn. Others are smooth, the one I was able to get the lens out of....
How can you grip the bulb?
SO TINY!
My fingers will not fit in there

The smooth lenses (67 only?) can be a real chore to get loose without breaking them. Sometimes you just need to buy new lenses along with the bulbs. I've used the eraser end of a pencil to work them loose on ones that aren't corroded. Otherwise, I just cut a slot in them for a screwdriver. As for the bulbs, once the lens is off, squirt some WD40 or similar to help get the bulb broke free. A tiny screwdriver can help to work it loose. I'd use some lube on the bulb and lens threads when assembling it.

The smooth lenses (67 only?) can be a real chore to get loose without breaking them. Sometimes you just need to buy new lenses along with the bulbs. I've used the eraser end of a pencil to work them loose on ones that aren't corroded. Otherwise, I just cut a slot in them for a screwdriver. As for the bulbs, once the lens is off, squirt some WD40 or similar to help get the bulb broke free. A tiny screwdriver can help to work it loose. I'd use some lube on the bulb and lens threads when assembling it.
Thank You!
You provided the best answer.

-
Back