68 cuda posi traction ??

-

tarpit

Reaction score
Hi, Im trying to find out what years posi traction was offered from plymouth.I have recently aquired a crashed 68 cuda that smokes both tires equally.Posi or not??? How would I definetly know for sure if it is posi.I cant find any history thru plymouth.
Thanks,Dan

If it's smokin both tires it's either a spool or a posi I would assume. Open rears don't smoke both tires. If you want to know for sure you would need to pull the inspection cover on an 8 1/4 or pull out the pig on an 8 3/4. Also you can jack up the rear end and spin one tire and see if the other rotates the same direction. If they rotate the same way it's probably a posi. There are a bunch of sites with info on identification.

try this one:http://www.autohobbydigest.com/8_75.html

This post surely needs the obligatory statement that Chebby's have "posi"s not Mopars.:toothy10:

We know what he means. It is just one of those general terms that people use. How many people call an adjustable wrench a "Cresent" wrench even if it isn't made by Cresent? lot's, I one of them.

Just jack up one tire and see if you can spin it by hand, if it won't spin it is most likely a sure-grip.

Chuck

-
Back