68 cuda seats

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Yes I just got 68 cuda seats for my 69 dart.it was almost inpossible to get 69 dart seats.The boys at national Mopar say the 69 dart skins will work on the 68 seats.here is the thing i can get 68 cuda skins front and back from P.G. classic for 275 or pay about 600 from outher sources.do you boys think the 68 skins would look wrong in my 69.any thoughts .

I would say they would look fine. The question is do you like them? You will always run into the "expert" that will point out anything not original but the car doesn't belong to them it's yours.

It comes down to what You want only. Unless your going for a perfect restoration. And the guys that pick you apart for it are losers and should mind there own bussiness.

I bought my 69 Dart and it already had 67 baracuda seats in it... I have no intention of looking for other seats. I reuposltered them with Legendary stuff and they look great. It was very affordable.

DSCN5917.jpg

ah just what I wanted to here thankssssssssss guys.your right its what maters to me.i am not doing a correct restoration so the purest can pick all they like and when they do ,well i will just have to take a look at there ride.And legendary are very pricey.thing is will 68 cuda rear covers fit my 69 Dart i think so any outher thoughts.

I don't know if the 68 Cuda skins will fit a 69 Dart, but if you aren't looking for original seat covers, take a look at these.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/68-6...017QQitemZ270313264056QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
This guy does upholstry for a living and makes alot of mopar interior stuff. I bought some seat skins for a 69 Charger, I haven't put them on yet, but they his quality and craftsmanship is excellent. He also makes new seatbacks out of ABS plastic that has the mounting clips moulded in for 90 bucks a pair. Like I said its not "correct" but very nice parts for an affordable price.

Good luck on your project,
Jason

hey thanks jason I talk to chriss the guy who makes the covers.looks like i will go with him.Again many thanksssssssssssss.again guys like you make this site priceless.

Good to hear that Snake! I have Talked to Chris a couple of times through emails and he seems like a cool guy that loves mopars. Like I said I got my skins from him and plan on getting my seat-backs and door panels from him later. BTW, he also makes seat foam, for 100 bucks a pair (most places want 180-200/pair) He doesn't have them on ebay now, but he makes them.

Good Luck with your car,
Jason

-
Back