'68 cuda window trim help

-

Murray

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just when I thought I knew everything, getting ready to install my front and back glass, and noticed that all the clips are not the same. This is news to me. Are the top row of clips (front and back) different/smaller than the rest? Why? Educate me. Thanks for the help guys. FB.

Last edited:
I need to do a better job. '68 cuda FB, window trim front and back. In my "kit" I have 36 clips of one kind (slightly larger) and 13 similar but smaller clips. Looking at current listings at Classic Ind. and YearOne, they appear to show two different clips. Is that so? I am confused. Where do I install the two different clips?

100_2861.JPG

100_2865.JPG

Just a thought... message this member and ask him to look for a different size clip anywhere.
[FOR SALE] - Parting out 1968 Barracuda Fastback
I found the taller GM type clips to be too tall anywhere I placed them on my notchback, except for the lower front where there isn't a fence. Those were the only clips I could find back then (before the internet). I took them and a vise grip to the grinder and and took about 3/32 off bottom of all of them.
I dont know that a vinyl top car had taller clips where the vinyl was but its possible. If thats the case, aftermarket is providing a "one size fits all" package.

Last edited:
-
Back