68 Dart brake system question

-

markfh

Reaction score
So, I'm slowly getting back on my 68 dart project and I was replacing the brake pads, cylinder components and realized the brake lines all around needed replaced.

I got a complete set of pre-formed brake lines and got them installed. Since the original lines were really gunked up I'm wondering if the original proportioners need to be replaced or if they can just be cleaned out.

If they can be cleaned out what's the best method.

Thanks

Not sure what “original proportioners” are, but once everything is back together. Keep flushing fluid until it runs clean. Hopefully you have replaced the rubber flexible hoses as well.

Not sure what “original proportioners” are, but once everything is back together. Keep flushing fluid until it runs clean. Hopefully you have replaced the rubber flexible hoses as well.

Proportioning valves or distrubution blocks.

http://inlinetube.com/Prop%20Valves/pro_valves.htm

This car has been on blocks for 25 years and what was in the steel lines was pretty bad and wasn't going to flush out. I would like to know if they can be flushed out or not. A valve is not always a valve so to speak.

Yes, all components in the brake system are to be replaced and maybe the proportioning valves.

-
Back