68 dart dash bezels

-

68ddart

Reaction score
i recently purchased a set of dash bezels from herbs for i think 575.00. i noticed the came from pg classics ,no problem..as i was beginning to install them i noticed a few small blemishes, then as i was going to install the instrument panel bezel i noticed there isnt a lens..can any one tell me if this is normal and have any suggestions,thanks

Call and ask Herbs.

They are much better to deal with and have much better customer service than PG.

for what it cost i never considered it not having a lens but are they

any tricks to changing the lens? looks like i will need a soldier gun ?

I used my dremel to take just enough off to get it off. Then glued if back on the new one.

You can buy a reproduction lense for $100, rip off. The bezels dont come with one. Advertise on here for a good used one. Find one that is not cracked. I used a soldering gun to melt the plastic holding it on and removed it from an old bezel, polished it and installed the same way on the new bezel.

i hated to mess up my old bezel but i guess i will..thanks for the info..they dont tell you in the advertising that it doesnt come with the lens ,but i know now...

i ended up using a soldier iron it went well ..thanks again for the info..glad to have this site to go to when in doubt....

i recently purchased a set of dash bezels from herbs for i think 575.00. i noticed the came from pg classics ,no problem..as i was beginning to install them i noticed a few small blemishes, then as i was going to install the instrument panel bezel i noticed there isnt a lens..can any one tell me if this is normal and have any suggestions,thanks

Can you post up some pics of your work? I am sure a lot of people would love to see it.

Can you post up some pics of your work? I am sure a lot of people would love to see it.
i would but i have already put it back together..but basically i heated up the plastic pins holding the lens to the old bezel while pulling up on the lens then when i was finished i waxed the lens to clean it up then drilled the holes a little bigger than the pins on the new bezel and pushed the lens down in place heated the pins on the new bezel and used a nail head to flatten the melted plastic pin flat..be very careful trying to clean guage panel the white on the numbers will smear

-
Back