68 dart "Go Wing" and Front Air Damn???

-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
i am looking for somebody to find a pic of what the correct wing for the late 60's darts are, cuz i know there is one for the 70's or something.

and also ive seen the front air dam's that go under the front, does anybody know where to get them??

there was a company in the mopar mags about a yr or so ago... that had the air dams but can't seem to find it.

thx in adv

well i know they wern't stock but i have seen people put them on there. i just don't know which one is right?

well i know they wern't stock but i have seen people put them on there. i just don't know which one is right?

lol they weren't stock you can put anyone of them on that you want. I mean really put a superbird wing on it you want. and there was no front air dam ether.

i just don't know which one is right?

You do what you want, it's your car. That being said, I don't recall seeing ANY 67-69 darts were the owners have added a go wing. I think there's a reason.

I do like the front spoiler though. Do a search here. There's a company that is making them out of aluminum for around $125 I think. I'm sure someone else will know the name.

My point exactly. If they weren't offered as an option from the factory, then there is no "right" one. It's up to you to decide whatever to put on your car.
Personally, I don't like the look of a wing on any of the Darts, either '60s or '70s - too 'ricer' for my taste. I much prefer the look of a trunk lid spoiler like Charlie Allen's '69 Dart 'Saddleback Dodge' funny car - see pic below of his car at OCIR in the very early '70s.
By the way, here's a link for a front aluminum air dam:
http://spoilersbyrandy.com/default.aspx
$120 according to their website.

SaddlebackDart (Small).jpg

If you're looking for a judgment based on the majority of the wings that have been installed on them, then the "Go-Wing" would be the way to go....The "Gull" looks better on Cuda's........Stick with the "Go" for the Darts in my opinion......

As far as a chin spoiler, I know someone is making them now for the A's, and might even be here on FABO..........I've seen them advertised within the last few weeks........

Mayber somebody can chime in with the link for the chin spoilers........

Spoilers by Randy was who I was thinking of. Looks to be a well made product and I haven't heard any bad reviews yet.

I purchased one of the front spoiler by Randy and am very satisfied! Great construction; only had to drill 2 additional holes in valance; the darker green 72 Dart on his internet site is mine. I like the subtile look it gives to the front on my Dart.

I purchased one of the front spoiler by Randy and am very satisfied! Great construction; only had to drill 2 additional holes in valance; the darker green 72 Dart on his internet site is mine. I like the subtile look it gives to the front on my Dart.

no offense just my opinion but it just looks out of place. especially on a 67-69 maybe not so bad on the later more rounded/valanced fronts. But I think a 67-69 needs a little more work then just a bolt on piece. imo a custom valance needs to be fitted and kinda smoothed in.

my 68 will likely have a chin spoiler and wing and I fully expect to do that chin spoiler probably a good 3 or 4 times before I feel it's correct.

there was a nice aluminum wing that was low and extended about a footoff the truck made in similar style to drag racing wings. I thought it was a really nice piece but I can't remember who sold it.

there was a nice aluminum wing that was low and extended about a footoff the truck made in similar style to drag racing wings. I thought it was a really nice piece but I can't remember who sold it.

Try Ed Quay Race Cars at http://www.edquay.com/spoilers/index.html
They offer both trunk-lid width and full-body width rear wing spoilers for 67-69 Darts and other Mopars. Here's a couple of pics from their website:

EdQuay71Dart (Small).jpg

EdQuay67-69DartFBW (Small).jpg

Try Ed Quay Race Cars at http://www.edquay.com/spoilers/index.html
They offer both trunk-lid width and full-body width rear wing spoilers for 67-69 Darts and other Mopars. Here's a couple of pics from their website:

yep thems the ones, I thought I had them bookmarked. Beautiful wings but I don't think they'll help me much on the road courses so I probably won't ever buy one.

-
Back