68 Dart Parts in Cerakote

-

kemikal embalance

Reaction score
My 15yo sons 68 Dart 270, full interior strip and part restorations. Gonna do this once and his grandchildren won't have to worry about anything rusting. Heres a few parts out of the sand blaster. Update in a few hours.

IMG_5723.jpeg

IMG_5725.jpeg

IMG_5724.jpeg

IMG_5726.jpeg

IMG_5727.jpeg

IMG_5728.jpeg

IMG_5729.jpeg

Some finished pics of the kids paint job

My lighting is trash so the color is off a bit. ill throw one up tomorrow in the sun.

IMG_5730.jpeg

IMG_5731.jpeg

IMG_5732.jpeg

IMG_5733.jpeg

IMG_5734.jpeg

IMG_5735.jpeg

IMG_5736.jpeg

Wow.... I'm kinda awe struck... the level of, and attention to detail, is incredible.. just cool as can be
Thank you. Its a lot of work but so worth it in the end. My brother gets frustrated with me because of all the work were putting into this but ide wtather do it all now and be done with it forever. plus the kid will have a lot of pride in it.

Amen to That! That's Awesome Y'all are Moving it Forward! I've been known to to some really detailed things to my rides, over the years, especially my XLCR, but the level of quality you are bringing, especially to parts most folks don't see, is AMAZING!

Do you use this as a primer or top coat or both? Thanks.

Do you use this as a primer or top coat or both? Thanks.
Neither Applies directly to the substrate. Either oven cure or air cure. This was an E Series oven cure. It can be applied over a primer and I've seen it done, but I haven't pulled it off correctly yet. I do something wrong before the Cerakote stage.

Neither Applies directly to the substrate. Either oven cure or air cure. This was an E Series oven cure. It can be applied over a primer and I've seen it done, but I haven't pulled it off correctly yet. I do something wrong before the Cerakote stage.
. Does anyone know where you can get e-coating done. This would be applied to the bare metal.

. Does anyone know where you can get e-coating done. This would be applied to the bare metal.
Wow, I wrote that all wrong. I got an all of about 75 minutes of sleep. Sick kid at home.

Ok. Cerakote is a ceramic base liquid "paint" that is typically applied directly to bare metal(s) and plastic/polymers.
There are multiple formulas tat go between oven cure to air cure with various temperature ratings between 500 to 1800 and hardness ratings. The corrosion resistance due to the ceramic in the paint is amazing and the abrasion resistance and flexibility has some fancy government testing numbers on it that only engineers and chemist understand.

I am a cerakoter as a business and do one off customs and volume contract work.
I currently have my kids car, four clients for rifles, two complete Harleys and a rifle company for their OEM work on their barrels and suppressors.

If you go to google and look for cerakote applicators, it should pop up with some businesses. Their are certified applicators that go through a process with NIC Ind. (parent company of cerakote) and advertise as such.

Sorry its been awhile. Whole damn house got infected and got behind on work. broke a few parts. But here's some more. Plus the kid couldn't pick a damn color. Think its easier to prom dress shop with my daughter than it is for my son to pick a color.

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

Ill post some more up as we get the column back together. I broke the steering shaft...oops. I got a friend that has a fix for it.

@kemikal embalance
I am moving to Decatur soon.

Cerakote is great stuff. I would like to get set up for sandblasing, powdercoating, and cerakote when I move to a place with, or build, a shop building. Just hobby stuff. Going to follow a DIY plan for a large oven. I'm tired of paying my regular coater a $75 minimum order and high prices on top of it.

DAA908BA-5E3D-41B4-AAED-15EE2B1F0003.jpeg
C42CD27D-71F5-4767-9A78-DC24004FAD56.jpeg

@kemikal embalance

Cerakote is great stuff. I would like to get set up for sandblasing, powdercoating, and cerakote when I move to a place with, or build, a shop building. Just hobby stuff. Going to follow a DIY plan for a large oven. I'm tired of paying my regular coater a $75 minimum order and high prices on top of it.

View attachment 1715859624 View attachment 1715859625

I do that too. I just keep the auto separate from the firearms end of it.
been at the Cerakote game for almost ten years now.
When you are ready or have any questions on parts or shop set up, feel free to ask. Info is always free and I have no problem with passing on my experiences.

@kemikal embalance

View attachment 1715859624 View attachment 1715859625

Oh, Im a half hour south of Fort Worth so you'd be about an hour north of me.

How long till you move?

Oh, Im a half hour south of Fort Worth so you'd be about an hour north of me.

How long till you move?

I should be getting a start date soon. My wife and kids are going to stay behind to finish out their school year.
I am from the Oklahoma City area and my dad has a horse trailer with a living quarters. I’ll park that at a campground or something while looking for a house. I’ve got a couple of my Mopars already moved to Oklahoma.
I still don’t know if I want to look in Denton, Decatur, or something closer to Ft Worth south of Decatur. School Districts is a big factor, then property tax.

I should be getting a start date soon. My wife and kids are going to stay behind to finish out their school year.
I am from the Oklahoma City area and my dad has a horse trailer with a living quarters. I’ll park that at a campground or something while looking for a house. I’ve got a couple of my Mopars already moved to Oklahoma.
I still don’t know if I want to look in Denton, Decatur, or something closer to Ft Worth south of Decatur. School Districts is a big factor, then property tax.

Same basic situation here. School district, then work from home to keep overhead down, FFL friendly. Im in Johnson County. Tax rate is at the state level and I hit the border of good district. Across the street..2% tax increase and city regs. Lucky. Good luck man. I've had a few friends move during the lockdowns and they have rented because of housing bid wars. Good luck man. That area is booming with new development.

Same basic situation here. School district, then work from home to keep overhead down, FFL friendly. Im in Johnson County. Tax rate is at the state level and I hit the border of good district. Across the street..2% tax increase and city regs. Lucky. Good luck man. I've had a few friends move during the lockdowns and they have rented because of housing bid wars. Good luck man. That area is booming with new development.

The wife has a gig lined up that is work from home. Lucky there.
I have a rental in Oklahoma so it’s good to be closer in case my tenants need anything. I really hate to rent but it might just make sense right now for a couple of reasons. I want to find the right property.

Are the green and orange parts for the same car?

Nice work!
Yes ma'am.

So the green is a different series that the Copper and the Grey.
Its harder and slicker so I hold up better to abrasion the the copper will over time.

The green is going on parts that cannot be seen like window tracks and the wiper linkage, gears on the inside of the wiper motor. things like that.

After a very long and arduous debate with my son, I talked him out of red for a primary color of the car and he is now going with a matte silver or lighter grey.
And that opened up a lot of choices for the secondary and accent color. Which is where the copper and dark grey came in.

Suspension parts done for now and column mostly done for now minus a missing part.
Time to work on the interior and get the seam sealer in.

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

7.jpeg

8.jpeg

-
Back