68 Fastback in central Texas

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
That same add has been posted (and removed by folks at craigslist!) numerous times. It is obviously a fake/scam (you know you email the guy and he says car is in central texas but he is currently in the UK!!!)

This thing appears to be listed everywhere...it was up on a Boston craigslist about a week ago....here's the email I got back from the "seller".....

Sent: Sunday, January 4, 2009 6:37:55 AM
Subject: Re: 68 Barracuda

Hello and sorry for the late reply. Hope I'm not too late and you didn't already purchased another car.

For sale is my '68 Barracuda fastback, factory air, in immaculate condition with 103,977 miles, rust free, no scratch and hasn't been involved in any accident. The interior looks great (never smoked in). This car needs nothing and comes with a CLEAN title that will be signed and notarized on your name as soon as the payment will be completed.
My name is Lawrence Wadson and I'm an US Air Force Lieutenant currently stationed in Mayport NS base, near Jacksonville, Florida. I've decided to sell it because I will be deployed to Afghanistan and this car needs to be driven not sitting in some garage. I must sell it before January 12. I want this transaction to be smooth and I don't have much time at my disposal to waste my time with endless discussions. I believe $4,500(not negotiable) with all shipping fees anywhere in the continental US included is more than a fair price.
This is a large amount and I would like to conduct the deal using an authorized third party like eBay using their Purchase Protection Program, so this should eliminate any trust issues. They will keep the payment until the purchase is final, and you test and accept the car. If you will not get the car as described, and also a clean title you will receive your money back.
To be able to use this program you need to qualify. I have been approved 3 years ago and I was very satisfied. So, if you are interested in buying my car just let me know your name and shipping address.
I will forward them to eBay's protection program and wait for the approval.

Thank you,

Lt. Lawrence Wadson

P.S. More pictures here: http://s547.photobucket.com/albums/hh469/lwrwds

I think I would have gone down to Florida and payed cash. See what he would have said to that!

yep..an AF officer stationed at a Navy base in Florida going to an Army assignment selling a car in Texas for half price.......

Yeah at one point that was posted on NY craigslist about a year ago...sounded too good and it was. Beautiful looking car though.

yep i posted i was gonna buy it 6 months ago. felt like an ***.this time it was in houston. Same scam caught my eye on a 70 nova divorce sale. fully restored with a 572 crate motor 4800. wanted payment thru pay pal

This thing appears to be listed everywhere...it was up on a Boston craigslist about a week ago....here's the email I got back from the "seller".....

Sent: Sunday, January 4, 2009 6:37:55 AM

Hello and sorry for the late reply. Hope I'm not too late and you didn't already purchased another car.

For sale is my '68 Barracuda fastback, factory air, in immaculate condition with 103,977 miles, rust free, no scratch and hasn't been involved in any accident. The interior looks great (never smoked in). This car needs nothing and comes with a CLEAN title that will be signed and notarized on your name as soon as the payment will be completed.
My name is Lawrence Wadson and I'm an US Air Force Lieutenant currently stationed in Mayport NS base, near Jacksonville, Florida. I've decided to sell it because I will be deployed to Afghanistan and this car needs to be driven not sitting in some garage. I must sell it before January 12. I want this transaction to be smooth and I don't have much time at my disposal to waste my time with endless discussions. I believe $4,500(not negotiable) with all shipping fees anywhere in the continental US included is more than a fair price.
This is a large amount and I would like to conduct the deal using an authorized third party like eBay using their Purchase Protection Program, so this should eliminate any trust issues. They will keep the payment until the purchase is final, and you test and accept the car. If you will not get the car as described, and also a clean title you will receive your money back.
To be able to use this program you need to qualify. I have been approved 3 years ago and I was very satisfied. So, if you are interested in buying my car just let me know your name and shipping address.
I will forward them to eBay's protection program and wait for the approval.

Thank you,

Lt. Lawrence Wadson

P.S. More pictures here: http://s547.photobucket.com/albums/hh469/lwrwds

I got the same response here in MA

At least the letter is the same with the same info. They guy may have posted it everywhere in order to sell it. Wider coverage usually means better chance of a sale. If the guy is truly being deployed than that would have been verifiable. Now that the 12th has come and gone I wonder if you will see it again in a month or 2?

LS-300 I really don't think this guy is being deployed -- it's a scam, don't fall for it.

Just for ha-has I replied to him stating I would be in his area & could pay cash & pick it up. Below is his response to that (makes no sense!)...When he talks about starting the process -- it's the process where he wants $ sent to him & you never hear anything again...

Sent: Sunday, January 4, 2009 9:08:37 AM

The car is here in Florida.
Shipping won't be a problem for me. I will take care of that. If you are still interested to buy it please send me your full name and address so we can start the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back