-
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeintherockies

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
This car is non-numbers matching; but owner says it is a real 340 auto formula S car. What do you guys think?

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/2380140964.html

I personally feel it is still a little high for a non-numbers matching car in need of a resto. He sent additional pictures to me and the paint is real ugly; almost unbearable. I have a feeling it will need work and I still will have no chance of having it numbers matching after spending a lot of money to get it right and re-painted (I figure $20k including price of car when all is said and done, maybe more).

Thoughts?

I was talking to a member here and what looks good in pictures looks awful in person. He went to go on to say that he looked at a car that he saw online. Body looked good online but in person he said that photographer must of cleaned up the pictures because the body was in bad shape in person.

It is a 4 spd Formula S car. If the panels and metal is good, and it is just a bad paint job. I think it is worth it. That means no rust in floor, trunk, frame etc... Lower quarters are probaly almost certainly have had some work, as all do that old.

It is a 4 spd Formula S car. If the panels and metal is good, and it is just a bad paint job. I think it is worth it. That means no rust in floor, trunk, frame etc... Lower quarters are probaly almost certainly have had some work, as all do that old.

It was a 340 auto, Now it's a 340 4 speed non matching numbers. I think it's price pretty high for what it is now.

I like the color its not all that bad if its a good paint job. I think the wheels are taking away from the color. Put some stock hub caps or body painted wheels and dog dish's cap it would have a total different look than it does now.

It was a 340 auto, Now it's a 340 4 speed non matching numbers. I think it's price pretty high for what it is now.

I like the color its not all that bad if its a good paint job. I think the wheels are taking away from the color. Put some stock hub caps or body painted wheels and dog dish's cap it would have a total different look than it does now.

The ad says it's a 383 big block with a 4 speed. No telling what is going on under the hood of that thing. :scratch:

It actually has a 383 in it, not a 340. But it is originally a 340 auto car, according to the write up.

I agree with the post regarding how a car looks online versus how it looks in person. You really can't go by pictures, and I know that. Again, that is one of the issues with contemplating buying a car in another state. I really need to see it (one of my "principles"). So, that means I have to either drive or fly to see it, which takes time and money. I try to limit my searches to drivable distances (500 miles or so) from Denver. But some of the cars that I have posted are very far away and I really just want to get an idea of what people think about the prices.

I'll keep looking, but everything seems so over priced. Why is that?

A numbers matching 340 A/T Formula S would be a 14.5K car if it was all there and maintained. First thing with this car is the drivetrain is completely gone, a big part of the real value of an " S" car is the drivetrain. Just looking at that car and seeing things like shackles and seats from a (69?) makes you think that the owner has not gone to any length to properly upgrade or modify the car. I would really have to look the car over well to see what was done to install the 383, 4 spd.. The lack of information in the ad says more about the car than the actual ad does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back