68 formula s cuda

-

68ddart

Reaction score
i am not finding alot on what these cars sale for. could someone give me a idea of what a 68 formula s.fastback 340 auto should sell for? it has new paint ,green,new tires, fresh 340 ,big bolt pattern,nice clean looking interior with buckets and console ,black interior,nice looking driver,non matching engine. all factory ,not hot rodded up or anything...just a general idea if thats possible ,thanks

without pics its hard to say but 15,000 to 20,000 would close

without pics its hard to say but 15,000 to 20,000 would close
i am not finding alot on what these cars sale for. could someone give me a idea of what a 68 formula s.fastback 340 auto should sell for? it has new paint ,green,new tires, fresh 340 ,big bolt pattern,nice clean looking interior with buckets and console ,black interior,nice looking driver,non matching engine. all factory ,not hot rodded up or anything...just a general idea if thats possible ,thanks

I've been looking for a decent 1968 FB Barracuda for a while.

Let's see what it looks like!

it all depends - waiting on "the one" buyer also in the region that it is for sale.

but off the top of my head id say 14k-18k

That combo might be a hard sell.
Green is a small market
And while a 340 might have been the rage, back in the day, the non-numbers matching engine is no longer a plus
To me, if the body is super straight and properly repaired, I would be looking to it as a roller.The engine would be ditched for a 360, and it would be getting a repaint.
I don't know if that is typical.

Last edited:
thanks for the info .AJ, why would you remove a good running 340 for a 360?

i am driving tomorrow to look at it,if i buy it i will try to post a pic ,if i dont buy it i will let you know where it is...thanks again

Why indeed. Compared to a Street 360,a Street 340 needs either; more gear,or more TC,or more cam, or less weight. But most of all, I already have a super nice street 360.
Now if it was an oil-burning low-compression slug, in need of a crank, for me,that might have a different ending.
I wish you nothing but the very best in your search.

i checked out the car ,it is located in waynesboro tn...it is a 68 formula s 340 auto,console,black interior.runs and drives needs mufflers and wipers ,trunk rubber is loose and some bubbling under paint in a few places. but still looked nice and original..i passed on the car because it had small rear diff. and it needed little nit pic things done to finish it. he was firm at 13,500...not a bad price i guess....if anyone is interested pm me i will give you his number

it appears that the market is declining on 67-69 barracudas. i've seen several VERY good deals lately on nice cars under $20. the latest is a 69 that was just on ebay. the guy was asking $22k and the highest bid he got was $15,500. he listed this car twice. notice the recalled kelsey-hayes wheels - a set of those wheels used to bring around $2k. i believe you can buy any 67-69 barracuda right now for $20k or less.

s-l500 (2).jpg

s-l500 (5).jpg

s-l500 (7).jpg

Last edited:
It's green!
I had a green 69,slanty A/T,white interior.I traded it for a pile of parts, and a rolled-over 70 Duster. Green! What was I thinking.....I saved those parts for 20 years and then most of them ended up in my current ride. The Duster wasn't hurt that bad, in today's world it would be a great project. Just dents, no rot of any kind, and original Lime green! Too sad to think about.

It has a tan interior!
I have a brown 69 Formula S, with a tan interior. Now that's a sweet colored interior.It needs a lot of metal work. I'll probably never get to it, so sad.I could probably make it a roller, with the original 340/8.75......

-
Back