68 GTS emblems -restore?

-

Golden Scamp

Reaction score
What are they door panel emblems made? I’ve seen some for sale I’m interested in but they are pitted and looks life the coating is peeling of in several spots. Almost like when I’ve seen chrome rust and peel. It even looks like the edges of some of the script has corroded off, around the tips of the letters. Can this stuff be restored to like new, or are these not worth trying on? And if they are fixable, does anyone know who can do it?

Thanks again

They are die cast pot metal that is chromed. The top of the 4 triangles are brushed type finish. With the small size of the GTS letters and the way they pit right on the edges, I don't think they could be restored to look new. And the cost would be very high. Over $200 for fine pot metal multiple pitting resto work like that with chroming.

Someone like Paul's Chrome in PA? would be a high skill place to take that one. Very expensive place too.

Cheaper to buy even a overpriced $300-400 good set.

There is talk of repro's:

WELL FINALLY DUE TO VARIOUS REASON I AM NEAR HAVING MY NICE REPRODUCTION 1968 DODGE DART GTS DOOR PANEL EMBLEMS AND SEAT MEDALLIONS FOR YOU AGAIN...

THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENTS WHILE WAITING AS I AM STILL CLEARLY THE ONLY SUPPLIER OF THESE HARD TO DEAL WITH PARTS

I AM CURRENTLY WORKING OUT FINAL DETAILS WITH OUR FINEST LEGENDARY INTERIORS PEOPLE WHO WILL BE MAKING THESE AVAILABLE TO YOU IN THEIR CATALOG AND ONLINE AS ANY OTHER FINE PARTS THEY HANDLE..THESE ARE SOME GREAT PEOPLE TO WORK WITH ON TOP OF THEIR GREAT PARTS AND SERVICES..

IN THE MEAN TIME I ASK FOR A BIT MORE PATIENCE BUT FELL FREE TO CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS

KIND REGARDS

STEVE
[email protected]

That is great news. I thought I’d have to wait a very long time to see news like that, and thanks a million for the details on these emblems. Saved me a lot of headache and heartache. And $$$$$

-
Back