68 gts HELP needed

-

Old school body

Reaction score
I am new to this site. I think I posted this in the wrong posting. I just bought a 68 gts 383 4 spd. On the trunk trim plate in the center on top above the key hole is a HURST logo
stamped right into it any one know any thing about this? I red some where they made 25
hurst 383's that the factory in 68. any info would be great thanks

I have never seen it, but pics would help. You never know.

I am new to this site. I think I posted this in the wrong posting. I just bought a 68 gts 383 4 spd. On the trunk trim plate in the center on top above the key hole is a HURST logo
stamped right into it any one know any thing about this? I red some where they made 25

Is it stamped into the tail panel?

Really interesting!! Can't wait to see the pics...

Welcome to FABO :thumbup:

yah in 68 they put in the 383 ,it all started in mr.norms shop . dodge wanted to know why a bigger motor wouldnt fit and mr.norms said we already have 1 with abig block in it .
some how it hadto do with a heat shield ,I cant remember the whole story .so within weeks the hemi dart non street legal car was unvailed and very few were produced .
but hurst was thrown in the conversation . if you calledtsi trans in chicago he can tellyou the whole story. They did a lot of outsourced top secret engeneering for chrysler back in the 50s and 60s and are still drag racing today in there late 70s and 80s they were all a tight knit little group that had there own 1/4 mile in 1 of there millionaires back yard on his private runway outside jolliet. Do some serious home work start at TSI they will tell you who. what , how , and why , you might have a very rare car. Mr Norms wouldbe my second call.

No this is stamped right into the black and chrome it is part of the trim piece on the trunk.the Hurst logo sits just above the top of the rear trim but is part of the trim
panel it would be next to impossible to fake this. I know the different things dodge has
done in the past. Like lets make 25 of these see if they sell then you have a hell of a
time trying to find out about them. If this is legit I'm a happy camper. If not I still
have a near mint big block gts with 48,000.00 miles on it

yah in 68 they put in the 383 ,it all started in mr.norms shop . dodge wanted to know why a bigger motor wouldnt fit and mr.norms said we already have 1 with abig block in it .
some how it hadto do with a heat shield ,I cant remember the whole story .so within weeks the hemi dart non street legal car was unvailed and very few were produced .
but hurst was thrown in the conversation . if you calledtsi trans in chicago he can tellyou the whole story. They did a lot of outsourced top secret engeneering for chrysler back in the 50s and 60s and are still drag racing today in there late 70s and 80s they were all a tight knit little group that had there own 1/4 mile in 1 of there millionaires back yard on his private runway outside jolliet. Do some serious home work start at TSI they will tell you who. what , how , and why , you might have a very rare car. Mr Norms wouldbe my second call.

It actually started in 67

Any one out there have a Gage cluster for my 68 gts

That's just a stick on Hurst emblem, they still make them today.

The die to stamp that would be very expensive, plus you cannot normally stamp anything that detailed/fine into a big panel like that. Just like the previous poster said, it looks like an emblem of some sort to me too.

If stamped, I'm almost sure it would have been on the right side of the trunk. history shows.

-
Back