68 or 69 wheel cover??

-

yellowdart72

Reaction score
I bought a set of these wheels covers locally for my cousin's 68 dart but then I was reading in another thread on this site where someone suggested that 68 and 69 wheel covers had some kind of difference. I had always been under the impression that 68 and 9 were the same because I remember seeing these on 68 and 9 GTS long time ago but I don't remember noticing a difference.

Is this a 68 or 69 wheel cover, anyone know?

Attachments

• 20140405_123002.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 152
hard to tell from your photo but '68 would be gray and the '69 would be black.

from the replies I am getting by private message, I am really starting to think these are for a 69. If I understand correctly, the only difference between 68 and 69 is the color scheme they had. The 68 seems to have had a warm grey and the 69 was black around the center like the set I have in question.

These must be pretty special, I had four offers to buy them. Thanks for all the replies but I am pretty sure my cousin will use them.

just out of total curiosity, do you guys know what they are worth? this set I have are dirty from dirt but in very good condition cleaned up, no pits, no rust, and minimal dings, just normal wear type thing. Just trying to make sure I didn't get hosed on these.

could this be the same cover that was used in 70?

I keep running into 70 swingers with what appears to be the same wheel cover but its only in vintage promo pictures, cant say I have ever seen a 70 in person with them.

Attachments

• page1.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 90
  • hrdp_1211_dodge_dart_history_07.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 83
  • mkNnWa-VXYQxkg8Wr0P-V0w.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 92
-
Back