68 post car

-
B

bassguy1970

Hey guys quick question, I need a drivers side door for my 68 dart. Is there a difference between the post and hardtop doors? I found a really nice one from a post car. I don't want to waste my money ya know. Thanks.

Yes indeed there is a huge difference, if you have the hardtop dont buy the post dart door, if you have a post dart then your good to go. The post darts have the outer rails along the outer glass and of course the post bar in between the drivers door and the quarter glass...here is a picture of a post door and a hard top door...

76e4_1.JPG

18_1.JPG

could he cut that thoes rails off to me that seame to be the only thing in his way.cut them and install your own glass in it.even your side vent the hole thing.what do you think guys ?

i am 90% positive the angle of the wing window is different. i have both cars and i really couldnt see wasting ym time to try and make a post door fit a hardtop. now the post doors are harder to find so if i needed a post door and had a bad one i would attempt to make a post door out of a hardtop door.

actually this post doors may be EASIER to find since they're also used on two door valiants.
i'm pretty sure that the door skin dimensions are the same with the two doors, its the internals that would be changed. if my 70 dodge truck is an example of how ma mopar did things back then, those internal assemblies should be removable, or swapable. check for any fasteners on door edges.
the hardtops wing assembly should just unbolt and lift out, in theory, the sedan window frame should do the same,...and if i find different when i check my cars in awhile i'll write back and correct myself.

i need that glass out of that post door ,are you interested in selling just the glass?

i have both cars, its definitely harder to find post doors. i could swear the frame is welded to the door. watch out when you go to swap the inners they actually changed the inside hardware between 67and 69. i found out the hard way adter my car was all painted. had to get creative.

yeah, i stand corrected.
the posts are tack welded and spot welded
on my truck the whole upper door frame assy. with wing window connected had to be removed just to change door glass, but thats an old (70) mopar truck.
doors from valiants still are the same

-
Back