68 post value

-

freakoweirdo

Reaction score
hi guys, been a while, i was lurking around here last fall and winter with my 67 cuda questions but i sold the car because i just kept finding more and more rust. but i still am looking for a good a body. maybe i found one.
its a 68 dart 2 door with a new motor, tranny, exhaust, all done by the owner whos a machinist, so he did all the work. its got 8,000 miles on it so its broken in, and runs strong, he did a bunch of stuff to the head flow, cam, exhaust. he wants 3000 bucks for the car, but my concern is that its a weirdo, i have never seen one of these before, its a 2 door POST SEDAN, real weird looking. is that why its so cheap? will i get laughed out of cruises

hi guys , been a while, i was lurking here last fall with my 67 cuda questions , but i sold it, just kept finding more and more rust, finally lost my patience and sold it.

SO ANYHOO-
whats a 68 2 door post dart worth? this guy wants 3ooo bucks, but its a 2 door post, i had jkmnever seen one before, doesnt look like the darts i knew as a kid.
the guys a machinist and it has a whole new powertrain with only 8,000 miles on this hotted up slant six.it runs STRONG. just not exactly the 340 GT i hoped for, plus, i dont know that i can afford one either, probably not

So are the 2dr. posts turds?? will i get laughed out of cruises,LOL, i never saw one of these before.
thanks, neal

Nothing wrong with Post cars! I wouldn't laugh at you! Stiffer car too, if you ever plan on racing!

Are you kidding? A 2-door post is totally cool! People who laugh are idiots! I'm no expert but I think they do get less attention and don't fetch as much money, but they are totally cool. They didn't make very many either.....they're kinda rare.

If the body's good and you like the car, buy it man! You will get tons of positive attention and learn to love that car. I bought my Valiant Post for $800 and it's a basket case, ready to be cut up and crushed but my friend Tom got one look at it and fell in love and we decided to fix it up. Just check it out. It's totally weird with a Dodge Demon front clip, but we're going to leave it that way....a custom car. Won't ever be worth much, but it will fun and cool and totally different than anything else around!

IMG_8902.JPG

Is this the car?

1968 Dodge Dart 2 door post
225 slant 6
Professionally built by Hatch Engine Inc.
Ballanced and blueprinted 223ci.
New cam upgrade
Cyl. hd. flow improved
Custom 3in. exhaust
New radiator
Aprox. 8,ooo miles on new engine
$3000

dart3.jpg

dart2.jpg

dart.jpg

If he don't want it I'll take it - I like weird cars :thumbup:

if it had a v8, and any other rear besides an 7 1/4..i'd pick it up quick....ok man..i know this form major experience...if it's all 6 stuff...and you want 8 stuff...pay the extra out of the gate to already have the stuff...bc i've spent 1 grand alone findin' and overhaulin an 8 3/4.....not too bad to upgrade to a 727..but 904 can hold up fine..and if you're doin v8...go 360...easiest to find parts...

but if you're wantin a daily dirver that don't really fly...just fun/nice car..6 stuff is fine...

if it had v8 set-up with anythgin but an 7 1/4 rear..i'd jump on it quick man...

Well, I hope freakoweirdo doesn't get mad at me, but he should jump on it if he wants it I guess. I found it listed on Craigslist for Corvallis/Albany, I guess that's New York State, is it?

If the body/frame is in good shape, i think thats a very good deal. I asked where it was to put the pressure on freakoweirdo so he would buy it! :)

-
Back