68 Rat Rod

-

68 Rat Rod

Reaction score
Hi everybody, My name is Gary. Just hooked up with this site. Everthing is pretty new to me, but I will try fit in. I'm from Northeastern Wisconsin. I am an old retired drag racer. Did that for a long time. Over the years I had several different drag cars. Started with a 56 Chevy, then a 41 Willys pick-up, then a 48 Austin, (all with Chevy engines). Then I saw the light. My next car was a 70 Opel GT with a Hemi, then a 73 Dodge Colt with a Hemi, then a 76 Dodge Colt with a Hemi, and that brought me to my last car which was a 93 LeBarron with a 451 Indy wedge. Sold that car in 97 and quit drag racing. Then I bought a 67 Plymouth Sattelite, installed a 440 and drove the hell out of it on the street. Sold it last year and am currently working on my 68 Dodge Dart. I'm thinking real strong about using a big cubic inch small block, but I haven't ruled out a big block. I'm looking forward to visiting this site often, hope to here from some future new friends soon. 68 Rat Rod
PS My drag racing years spanned from 1965 to 1997.

Good day Rat Rod/Gary welcome to the site. Judging from your history you've been there and done that but heh even if you hadn't you'll get along just fine here.
Most of us don't take ourselves to seriously except maybe ramcharger.LOL:blob:

Terry

Welcome to the site Gary. Sounds like you had a great time growing up and are still at it. Got any pics of those killer machine's? Join in the chat room, we are usually there around 8:30 et.

Jack

Welcome 68 Rat Rod.
It sounds like you have enjoyed some, or might I say allot of track time
and turning wrenches. This is a great site and we have the best of the best tec's here and some good folks to see you though anything.
Hope you hang around and enjoy.
Most of us don't take ourselves to seriously except maybe demon seed.
We do have allot of good fun here. LOL:thumbup:

Welcome Rat Rod, glad to have you.
Yea, some photos of your cars would be cool to see.

John

Welcome to the site. It's nice to see another old time rodder. I ran a couple of cars, 35 Willys, 27 T, both chevy powered. Had a 51 Merc custom as well. My selection of a Mopar this time around was based on a long term admiration for these cars. I was always in awe of the 426 hemi. There's some good info to be had on this site. Keep us up to date on your projects. Howard

-
Back