68 Roadrunner question

-

Racingduster

Certified Welder
Reaction score
Did they ever put a 440 in a 68 RR? I know they put a 383 and a Hemi in them. A friend is looking to buy a 68 RR that has a dana 60 in it but no motor.

The only thing that matters is what it says in the documentation. Check the fender tag, vin and/or the build sheet.

This is a 40 year old car. What is in it now doesn't matter.

My 68 Formula S has a Dana 60…….. So it must be a Super Stock Hemi car…… Right?

The only thing that matters is what it says in the documentation. Check the fender tag, vin and/or the build sheet.

This is a 40 year old car. What is in it now doesn't matter.

My 68 Formula S has a Dana 60…….. So it must be a Super Stock Hemi car…… Right?

I understand. Im just trying to get some extra info for my friend without seeing the car

No 440 was offered in 68, A 383 Road Runner in 68 only came with a 8 3/4... 4 speed or automatic. The Hemi had the Dana and 440 equiped 4spd cars.

I told him to ask the guy for that. Havent heard back from him. I was poking around on Hamtramck.com for some extra info but couldnt find what I was looking for.

Thanks for all the help guys! :cheers:

Did they ever put a 440 in a 68 RR? I know they put a 383 and a Hemi in them. A friend is looking to buy a 68 RR that has a dana 60 in it but no motor.

The 440 was for the GTX only in 68, RR was 383 or Hemi and the Dana was for the Hemi and 440 with 4 speeds.

mopar did funky things guys there may as well have been dana 60's placed in a few special runners

mopar did funky things guys there may as well have been dana 60's placed in a few special runners
yep, seen 340 cars without torque boxes. There's all sorts of strange stuff chrysler did and just happened. Who knows, maybe his car was built on a Monday or maybe there wasn't enough 8 3/4s that day and a worker who wanted to just solve the problem just stuck one under it slapped in the driveshaft and said F it and went home.:toothy10: For some reason on my car, I yanked the gas tank and it had been dated 1976, whats up with that, I will never know

68 RR had 383 or Hemi, 383 should have the 8.75, Hemi the Dana, my 383 RR has the 4-speed with the HD hemi springs. That said i have heard reports that a few auto hemis very early ones may have slipped through with 8.75's, and maybe a 383 or two with 4 speeds had danas, Most important is the VIN and tag if its a J than its a hemi car, then you could see if there is a stamp in the axle tube showing the date of the dana. heres a pic of my 68RR 383, hurst equipped 4-speed, p/s, power disc brakes, factory tach, wide sill moldings, decor package, wood grain wheel,

Attachments

• 68 RR 383 4-speed (43) (640x480).jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 122
  • car show 013 (1280x853).jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 122
Jeez, here we go. I agree the Dana's probably out of somthing else. Heres my 6BBL without Hemi suspension. uh oh

Attachments

• swinger 090.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 104
-
Back