[FOR SALE] 68 U-Code Cuda 383S 4 Speed Coupe (Blue on Blue)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

lswans

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Just testing the waters at this point to see what I might get going in terms of a sale/trade on this original early production 68 Cuda Big-Block 4-speed A-Body. I have $14K invested in it and will consider any reasonable offer/trade.

Hate to part with this jewel, but I just don't have what it takes to finish it... and it's just sitting.

No broadcast sheet - but the original fender tag says this:

CAR: Plymouth Barracuda 2 Door Hardtop
ENGINE: 383cid 4-bbl HP V8
TRANSMISSION: 4-Speed Manual Floor Shift
TIRES: E70x14 Red Side Wall, steel belted
BUILD DATE: October 25 1967.
AXLE: 3.23 Rear Axle Ratio, Sure Grip
INTERIOR: High Trim Grade, Vinyl Bucket Seats. Light Blue Interior.
PAINT: Monotone Bright Blue Metallic Paint.
OTHER: Light Blue Metallic Upper Door Frame Color.

MOLDINGS:
19: Wide Sill Mouldings
25: Drip Rail Mouldings
78: Wheel Lip Mouldings

ABC OPTIONS:
F7: Barracuda Formula S Package
R1: AM Radio
T7: Tachometer
X2: Tinted Windshield Only

abc OPTIONS:
a6: Console
b4: Bucket Seats
h7: Fender or Hood Mounted Turn Signal Indicators
u1: Sold Car When Built (Somebody Ordered It)

This is an non-running project.

This is a one owner 383 four speed car in QQ1 Electric Metallic Blue paint code with a blue interior. I am by no means an expert on Mopars, but from what research I have done I see that there were only 154 notch-backs built that were equipped with the 383 four speed - not sure how many were blue on blue though!

History: It was bought NEW on November 7th 1967 by a gentlemen from Fall River Kansas from Parks Motor of Augusta Kansas. I do have the original title in the original owners name as well as some payment slips to the Fall River state bank of less than $70 dollars a month.

It was his daily driver for five years until one winter he failed to refresh the antifreeze in it and wound up cracking the block during a harsh Kansas winter. The car was parked in 1973. Yes... it was only on the road for 5 years.

The owner removed the 383 and sadly disposed of the block but fortunately he kept everything off of the top end of the motor.

Body: The car has suffered some small hail dents (not bad at all) and was at some point involved in a collision that resulted in the replacement of the drivers side rear quarter panel (body work wasn’t all that good).

Remember this was long before aftermarket replacement panels were available so he went to the salvage and got a 1/4 panel off of another car. Ironically this 1/4 contains the majority of the rust that it is on the car and it still isn't bad.

Rust is minimal – isolated only to the drivers side lower rear quarter, and the underside on the passengers side outer rocker on the very bottom about a foot in front of the back tire well. Floors/trunk are very solid. I found a little bubble up rust on the inside of each inner-fender. Not bad but worth noting. Overall it is a very solid body for a 68 that will make for a very easy restoration.

There is a dent in the front valance panel that happened while it was in storage ( but I acquired a very, very, nice used valance is included with the transaction).

The interior features a 150 MPH speedo as well as a 6 grand tach and the optional simulated wood spoke steering wheel. It also has the original four speed console that is in great shape.

Here is a list of the original parts that go with the car:

RH exhaust manifold 2863900
Intake Manifold 2806301
Water pump 2843290
Heads 2843906
Carburetor 4426 S
Factory distributor 2444358

The original transmission is still in the car and the numbers on it are C 95664 Z 9 X 25

The rearend numbers are 2070741 489 AAPW and is a sure trac.

Also the original oil pan,the factory chrome valve covers as well as the 383 commando air cleaner (with original pie-pan) and the factory floor mats.

When I removed the factory heavy cardboard spare tire well cover I found another color matching blue steel wheel.

Engine work I have completed (or at least paid for) - includes a 69 383 block bored @.030 with new freeze plugs and cam bearings, a refurbished forged steel crank @.010/.010, and a set of machined 906 heads that were on an 11 sec Dart .

The heads were pocket ported bowl blended port matched to felpro gaskets on both intake and exhuast ports and outfitted with stainless 2.14 / 1.81 3/8 stem ferrea valves, 3/8 Teflon positive valve seals, 7 degree chrome moly retainers, heat treated machine locks, and hi perf springs with 100 lbs seat pressure good for aprox 525 lift cam.

I was told that the heads will easily support a big block engine up to 550+ hp... Plenty enough for an A-Body big-block on the street!!

I still have the original heads, but it was going to be about 1100.00 to bring them back to life.

Also, I had an exact reproduction big block/hemi radiator made for it by Glen-Ray Radiators (excellent piece of workmanship).

The original 4426S carb has also been professionally rebuilt and dyno'ed by Mikes Carb Shop in Southern California.

I have all of the soft trim interior components from Legendary (carpet, seat covers, seat foam, rear seat batting, door panels, visors, headliner, head liner insulation etc).

Also acquired a very nice front valence, complete with beautiful grilles.

I don't have the original hood (which was coded for turn signal indicators).

What comes with the car is an insert hood with the 383-S inserts. Wouldn't take much to make this a runner.

I am posting this to start dialogue with serious buyers/traders. I am open to pretty much anything.

Like I said - just testing the waters to see who might be interested - open to cash offers and/or partial trades.

Attachments

• 68 Cuda 2.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 3,303
  • 68 Cuda 3.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 3,316
  • Fender Tag.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 3,296
what does the "U-code" mean? there is no "U-code" in 68. A real 383 car would be referred to as an "H-code", but I am not sure what a 68 U-code would be for??? Can you clarify?

He may be talking about the U code to the right of the paint code, indicating that the car was ordered. And in his opinion, that makes it more valuable.

MOPARMITCH is correct - the "U" code refers to the car being special ordered through a dealer by the original purchaser. My opinion is not that the car is more valuable because it was special ordered - but it does add to the cars history!

I have $14K invested in it and will consider any reasonable offer/trade.

what are you looking for
I have a 69 Dart not the best picture

can you take more pictures and show the condition thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0107.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 2,839
Looking for a Mopar of any kind that is in running condition. Will post some additional pics in the next day or so.

P.S. I had a 69 Dart GTS 383 Auto. It was black with red interior. I purchased in in 1983 for 125.00.. and drove it home. Wish I still had it!!!

Too cold to get things out of storage and my shop has been tied up with my daughters car for the last 10 days. Will get some posted as soon as I can.

MOPARMITCH is correct - the "U" code refers to the car being special ordered through a dealer by the original purchaser. My opinion is not that the car is more valuable because it was special ordered - but it does add to the cars history!

I have $14K invested in it and will consider any reasonable offer/trade.

I'm interested in your car and have sent several PM's but have not received any response.

He may be talking about the U code to the right of the paint code, indicating that the car was ordered. And in his opinion, that makes it more valuable.

There is a mixed up about the U code next to the paint codes. The U under the U is the code for the upper door frame paint and U in this position is the the code for Light Blue.
For the "Sold Car" code. You need to look at the top line on the right side under the small u. If you have a 1 there then you have a car that was ordered. Which this car was......

Had a 67 formula S 4 speed console car think the same color blue with small block

How about trade for a 2007 Mustang?

View attachment image.jpg

Clean inside & out V6 auto nice loaded car, good gas mileage 140,000 miles 2 owner, I've had it the last 4 years

Need to see some more pictures like the other side.

Good evening,
A mopar club member of ours would like to know if you would be interested in a trade for a boat & trailer. He has two for sale, either a 19' center console with a 225 outboard and virtually new trailer, or a 24' cudi cabin with a 250 outboard and tons of teak, nice over nighter! They are both currently for sale at$15,000 each. If possibly interested let me know and I can get the both of you together.
DJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back