68 Valiant 100

-

victa15

Reaction score
I picked this car up a year ago for a project. I drove it around for a year untill a got board. he wanted 2500 for it but I only paid 1400. Im going to keep it an automatic. Just pulled the 225 and put a mildly built 318 into it. I got rid of the 7 1/4 and found a 8 1/4 limited slip with the big bolt pattern. I just need to do the front disk brake conversion and I will be driving it till I do the body and interior. I found an extra hood so I didnt have to use my original hood for the hood scoops. Hope to get it on the road by the end of Feburary

I was also wondering on when I do the interior. Do I have to take out the back window to do the head liner?

I'm pretty sure there are pieces of trim that covers all the edges so you don't have to do that. I'm also pretty sure there are other folks that have pictured this process without removing any glass, but I'm not 100% certain.

And like Pauly said-welcome!

you will have to take out the front and back glass to do the headliner. Under the gaskets for the windows are small steel spikes that the head liner spears into to hold it in place. Then the front and rear glass gaskets seal around this and makes a clean trim. The rear package tray is also done prior to installing the rear glass. The gaskets are very hard to find Steel rubber products has them but they are not cheap. If you gaskets are good be very careful with them.

Attachments

• DSC04249s.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 180
Oh ok. I knew the gaskets were hard to find. Thanks for the info. So the package tray needs to be installed also while the window is out? I didn't know this. Thanks again

-
Back