68 Valiant Signet seat placement question...

-

T.J. Gibson

Reaction score
I have an opportunity to purchase front and back seats of a 4 door 1974 Valiant. My intention is to put both seats in my '68 2 door Valiant. Will they fit properly? Any help is appreciated.

I'm sure others will comment, the front seat will fit but the seat does not tilt up to allow access to the rear area in a 4 door car. You need a seat that tilts up for a 2 door to allow access to the back seat. I don't know if it can be made to tilt or not. The bottom piece of the 4 door rear seat is rounded on the front corners instead of cut square.

I'm sure others will comment, the front seat will fit but the seat does not tilt up to allow access to the rear area in a 4 door car. You need a seat that tilts up for a 2 door to allow access to the back seat. I don't know if it can be made to tilt or not. The bottom piece of the 4 door rear seat is rounded on the front corners instead of cut square.

That makes complete sense! Thank! Do you think I can take the upholstery off the 74 and put it on my 68 seats?

The front seat is the same but the rear is different and I'd just swap material/covers. The 74 is a Dart seat. The Valiant sedan used the same seat frames from 67-73 only.

That's a possibility, do some careful measuring. make sure the shape of the front seat is the same on the backrest. The only exception being the bottom piece of the rear seat. The shape is different. Good luck.

-
Back