68windshield weather striping in a 67

-

deis

Reaction score
i have a 67 fst bk which i m trying to put a windshield in.of course i can't find the right one.plan b is to use the rubber for a 68 and the trim and the lock trim clips..
my problem is i have bought a package of trim clips.there are 24 in the package 20 of one size and 4 smaller ones.where do the smaller clips go? didn't find in the service manual where they go.the clips are for a 68-69 barracuda fastback. anybody have a answer cause i could use the help

i have a 67 fst bk which i m trying to put a windshield in.of course i can't find the right one.plan b is to use the rubber for a 68 and the trim and the lock trim clips..
my problem is i have bought a package of trim clips.there are 24 in the package 20 of one size and 4 smaller ones.where do the smaller clips go? didn't find in the service manual where they go.the clips are for a 68-69 barracuda fastback. anybody have a answer cause i could use the help

Mine were that way also. I just mixed them in with the rest.

I don't know why they did that. Here's a diagram if you need it.

Attachments

• FrontWindowClips (Medium).jpg
    46 KB · Views: 575
  • RearWindowClips (Medium).jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 555
The shorter ones probably go on the A-pillar posts but.. You may find those taller clips are actually too tall and they all should be the shorter clips.
When I bought clips at ebay they were all the same wrong size. I had to grind a 1/15 off the bottom of every one.

to bad i already bought a replacement dash.this would have worked so well. thanks for info on clips

Check Mopar Muscle magazine or Mopar Action in their tech articles on-line. I forget which one it was, but they covered this very thing on their '67 Valiant project.

I have a few 67 windshield gaskets here. They are used but nice. Do it correctly. Mike

I am assuming you are getting rid of the 67 gaskets which has to have the chrome lock strip.... I don't blame you. That was one cheesy way of sealing up the glass.... that's more than likely the reason they did away with it after 67. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know the a car with stainless trim is going to look better than lock strip one. I have completed everything to convert my 67 over to 68 except seal it up and snap the chrome on. If I remember correctly we didn't use the the 4 smaller clips. I work at a auto glass company so we looked through some clips to replace the the 4 smaller ones. You want to make sure the clip does not stick above the body line.. flush is perfect so where you drill the holes is crucial. I know the diagrams above are helpful but it is best to lay the stainless trim on the car and make a mark where the trim needs a clip. The diagrams might be for new trim in which now days you will not find. You will see what Im talking about when you lay a piece of stainless on the in the correct position it goes. Moving a clip over a inch or two makes a world of difference. If you haven't found your trim yet you don't HAVE to have it but it would help far as a good fit. Here are a few pics that might shine a little light on the subject. In the pics you will see that some of the clips arent spaced out equally. That is because my trim need the clip located there to fit good.

Attachments

• Clip loca 6.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 496
  • Clip loca 8.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 509
  • Clip loca 1.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 512
  • Clip loca 2.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 497
  • Clip loca 4.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 509
  • Clip loca 3.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 511
  • clip local 8.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 501

Just did mine - front and rear conversion from 67 lock strip to the 68-9 reveal style molding. the clips are not rocket science do not over think it. I mixed mine in like tony said.
The majority just butt against the lip and post the near only exception is on the lower front windshield use the other sides to see how flush they fit to the outside. mark drill and be done with it. hope this helps.

are you doing the rear also? they just started making the rear weatherstrips again the company who had been making them went away and no one could get them. I had to wait a couple months with back glass. The would start searching for the rear moldings after you get the front converted you WILL want to do the back also!

-
Back