69 340 Dart

-
Lots of work, but the results were worth it

Driver bot frame.jpg

DSCF2498.JPG

Pass seat bottom.jpg

I installed the seats and pulled the headers. I'm detailing/refinishing the engine and getting ready to install the manifolds since my TTi exhaust system should be here Thursday.

seats in.jpg

header removal.jpg

What size are the wheels and where did you source them from?
I also need one of those plugs that you have in the left valve cover.

Well I did this front end 25 years ago.
It wasn't a perfect restoration type job but was a very durable street job.
It was very dark and I thought it had been painted black, I was cleaning and it scrubbed clean eventually.
My cast Grey paint held up and the calipers are not rusty.
upon inspection it needed a rotor, some bushings and a ball joint so.......

front end before.JPG

front end clean up.jpg

K frame out.jpg

bare parts.jpg

I've been jobbing. There has been no blasting here....
I de-grimed the K member, it was nasty. I still need to strip it clean
I merely wiped the wheel well, 1 pass with some glass cleaner and shop towel. I want to put some effort in and see how it looks.
I had a lot of new spare front end parts, moog offset upper control arm bushings, strut rod bushings, and sway bar bushings, and tie rod ends.... I ordered a ton of stuff too
I'm attaching a shot of the work I did on my Cuda's front end. kind of where I'm going here

some parts stripped.jpg

DSCF2524.JPG

DSCF2512.JPG

front end done.png

Last edited:
A few steps closer.
Almost everything is painted, coated, or treated. (even the rotor and hub surfaces).
This is how I remove lower control arm bushing sleeves.
I install a tap and use it to help press the sleeve out.
I can't wait to do the lower control arms....

DSCF2530.JPG

DSCF2532.JPG

Tap.jpg

I reinforced the lower control arms.
I doubt that when most guys weld the special aftermarket lower control arm support plates they sell to their control arms that they know to close/correct the gap between the control arm and Torsion bar adjuster?
I finally finished the K frame. I used a chassis paint, I hope it's durable. I powder coated the Cuda's K frame
Tomorrow I'm faking cosmoline in epic style

lower control arm reinforced.jpg

K frame painted.jpg

:) I was killing it but then I had to wait on my axle seals, they took way too long to get here. I'd have been done a week ago. I still need to go get 90W and additive....

lr brakes.jpg

lr drum.jpg

Last edited:
I had been selling any parts I've collected (hoarded) over the years and felt I may never use. So are/were some of my friends. I bought a standard bore 340 and a mild NOS stroker crank and pistons. I also plan to use a set of ported X heads I've had forever.

340.jpg

X heads collage.jpg

-
Back