69 383 4 speed GTS rag top!!!!!

-

swinger340

Reaction score
Met a guy today rite here in Maine, not 1st time. He had Galen Govier authenticate his #s matching 69 sunfire yellow GTS 383 4 speed rag top and 68 hemi 4 speed R/T Charger about 8 yrs ago and after he got the documentation saying what he knew was true his phone would not stop ringing. He had to call Galen and give him hell. Galen was giving his # out to people after he had told him the cars were NOT for sale. This guy has owned them since the 80s LOL!!!!! I was just amazed that these two RARE cars are only 20 min. from me rite here in Maine!!!!!, and this is the 1st time I have seen or heard of them..... But on bright side I scored a 67 dated 340 and 2 sets of X heads.

That guy has a couple of VERY COOL cars!!
I wouldn't trust GG for anything anymore....his time has come and GONE....

Yep;that is the sad part about letting people know that you have some rare cars.

Talked with a friend of mine up that way who has known about those cars for some time. Both need restoration, but the owner knows EXACTLY what he has and then some. Maine is a pretty small Mopar world, but there are some gems hiding away up there.

Talked with a friend of mine up that way who has known about those cars for some time. Both need restoration, but the owner knows EXACTLY what he has and then some. Maine is a pretty small Mopar world, but there are some gems hiding away up there.

Very small Mopar crowd up here. This is 2nd time I met this guy. 1st time was in PA. @ mopar nationals. LOL!!! see the Maine plate and had to ask.... Mostly Chevy and a few ford guys. Go to a local cruise w 50 cars and there are usually only 5 mopars tops. I like it when we all roll in. I drive the 69 swinger, wife brings pink 71 Duster, father has a 70 340 4 gear #s Duster and X bro in law had a fastback Barracuda. Usually hook up w some friends w 69 RT/SE Charger, 67 gtx, and 69 RR drop top. Im anxious for warmer weather now.....

Very small Mopar crowd up here. This is 2nd time I met this guy. 1st time was in PA. @ mopar nationals. LOL!!! see the Maine plate and had to ask.... Mostly Chevy and a few ford guys. Go to a local cruise w 50 cars and there are usually only 5 mopars tops. I like it when we all roll in. I drive the 69 swinger, wife brings pink 71 Duster, father has a 70 340 4 gear #s Duster and X bro in law had a fastback Barracuda. Usually hook up w some friends w 69 RT/SE Charger, 67 gtx, and 69 RR drop top. Im anxious for warmer weather now.....

Again COOL cars! I know a guy here that has a '69 383 GTS convert, can't remember if auto or 4spd? But needs a ton of work.

-
Back