[WANTED] 69-72 Dart side trim wanted. Anyone....???

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

dusterdoug

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Contact seller
Help! Who has some nice side trim laying around that they are not going to use? I am looking for the 1969 "Custom" trim, or the 1970-1972 thin trim. Not looking for cheap, looking for NICE.

*Picture is for an example, not my Dart*

Orange Dart Custom.jpg

You might check Wildcat auto wrecking in sandy OR. I have bought things from them before. Not cheap, but pending on desire.

are u aware how much workk its gonna take to put the molding on your car if your gonna put it on a 70 -72 car if it didnt come with it?
I believe the 70-71 Darts, and most likely Swinger only, had the side trim that was attached with the mushroom studs on the body and plastic
clips that attached the moldings. My son's 71 Swinger has that type of molding.

are u aware how much workk its gonna take to put the molding on your car if your gonna put it on a 70 -72 car if it didnt come with it?
My car originally had trim, so the holes are there. I should have had them filled before paint, but I didn't...

Last edited:
I believe the 70-71 Darts, and most likely Swinger only, had the side trim that was attached with the mushroom studs on the body and plastic
clips that attached the moldings. My son's 71 Swinger has that type of molding.
These?

1699568093845.png

Those look like 64 Dart GT fasteners. The 70-71 trim I'm referring to, have a hole in the plastic molding and it slides over the mushroom studs on the body
and locks in place. The 70-71 molding is aluminum with a black vinyl insert. There may be different colored inserts for different exterior colors. Those plastic
moldings may be the same some 64 Polara trim and thin moldings on 64 Chryslers as well.

Thanks all. The saga on clips will continue, but I have 2 sets of Custom trim headed my way.

how much for all the side molding and the quarter window chrome piece in the very corner with 1 screw

Yes I am parting out a few darts. I open to reasonable offers as long as my time for pulling and shipping is taken into consideration. Dave.

Hi Guys, I am looking for the same trim, but just the driver side front fender. My 69 is a custom and the front part of the trim ends in a point. Not sure if anyone has one aying around. Can be driver quality since my 69 is Ratty. I am also located near the OP but in San Jose

Hey guys. Pm me. We are hijacking this guys want and and it is against the rules! 1969 dart custom and Burks 440 I can help you both but this message is directed at you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back