69 Barracuda 383-S

-

69383s

Reaction score
I have a 69 Barracuda 383-S, VIN#BH29H9B4D3125 and need to know approximatley what it is worth. The car is on jack stands and the running gear is out of the car. I have the matching number block but not the matching numbers transmission. The motor is disasembled but I have most of the parts including the original exhaust manifolds. I don't have the original rear end but have a 8 3/4 sure grip. Body is in excellent condition with no rust but there are some minor door dings. Most of the crome is in good condition but the front and rear bumpers could use recromed. The grills are in good condition. The interior is in good condition and mostly original. The two front bucket seats are not original. The interior is bright blue. The exterior is white with the 383 black strip down the side. The paint is the original paint. The glass and felts are all in good condition. The car has approximately 62,000 original miles. It needs wheels and tires. It has an automatic transmission.

I purchased this car from a co-worker that bought it in 1985, drove it for that summer and stored it in a one car garage for the past 20 years. I have the build sheet and fender tag.

I know it is hard to put a value on a car without looking but I am just looking for a ball park value. I may have missed some information about the car but let me know what items I have missed.

why no reply?this is a super rare car and you MOPAR heads have NO knowledge of this car?

That sounds better than my runner, but, as you said, hard to estimate without seeing, and "some assembly required" is near impossible. If seen, some idea of assembly required could be rated.

Jim.

without some pics and how its stated 6000.00 is good money. restored to a "good" condition and a killer paint job 24000.00

It would have to be near perfect to fetch $24,000. I know a guy that spent close to $50K on a concours restoration of a 68 Barracuda coupe and was having a hard time getting $20K offers a couple of years ago.

Selling it unassemblied and it's as described I would say $6k is optimistic. More like $3-4K.

It may be a realtively rare car but the Gen 1 & 2 Barracuda's just don't fetch the big bucks.

Without pictures its real hard to say but I dont think asking $5 or 6 grand would be out of the question.

THANKS for feedback!I have a guy that came over to my house to buy some wheels and tires, seen my Barracuda sitting in the garage and said he would give me ten grand.Sounds like I better take the money and run,but you the sentimental feelings and I know I will never find another one in this condition for a reasonable price.I just got lucky a co-worker was desperate for money.69383s OUT.

i really think that car restored and i can't impress what a very good paint job would add set in a classic auto showroom anywhere in the us would bring 24000.00

Thanks for the input GO DART,you sound like you have good knowledge of this barracuda.This is not just a plain Barracuda like I think others are thinking,there were only seven hundred some odd 69 383 Formula-S Barracudas made that year.Numbers matching motor,NO RUST,and in good all around condition!Very hard to find!I seen one like mine on E-Bay go for 12,600 last winter.Not to mention,it had rusty quarters and needed a little more work than mine does.

I know how rare those cars are but like we've said, without pictures its hard to suggest a price.

When it boils down to it....IT doesn't matter what we think! :D If you like it and bought it, who cares now what the value is. Everyone has been gracious and asked you to post pics and they will help you with the value and you keep telling us that we don't understand how rare the car is and don't post any pics.There ARE some very knowledgeable guys here.

-
Back