• DSCN2889.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 293
  • DSCN2888.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 290
  • DSCN2887.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 277
  • DSCN2886.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 286
Cool Steve! Post the rotisserie plans/pics in the "garage/tools" forum??
Cant wait to see the car on the rotisserie.

My first time to see this thread :glasses7: And I am so happy to see another great father and son build going on here :cheers: Looking forward to watching this build :glasses7:, and seeing the frame connectors and Boxes go in.... The rotisserie build is moving forward I see, congratulations on a great memory maker you are have going on :thumleft:

Looking good Steve!
Advice > Do not spin the fish around to much when mounted as the fish will
get dizzy,LOL!

Darryl

Engine & trans have been removed. Mess cleaned up, will put engine on stand in the next day or so. Once I get the rotisserie swivel heads back from the welder the Cuda well be mounted on it then the bottom work will start. Pics to follow

Nice Steve, wish I hadda taken more pics when Dad n I put his engine in. Keep the pics of you n the boy coming!

Great progress. Its a lot easier to drop that engine out of the bottom like this:

Attachments

• EngOut1.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 254
I guess your right especially if the chain breaks. Does anyone know the value of a chain link???? Priceless when it breaks lucky no one was in the way when it happened yesterday. I think it will be going back in from the bottom when the time comes.

We took out from the top but making plans for putting back in via the bottom..great pics in this thread.

Grassy

Making some good progress. I can relate to the chain break thing. Last week I had the 6.1 hanging from the crane while I mated the trans to it and received a phone call. While on the phone I noticed one of the chain links separating. Dropped the call immediately and got a table under it before it took a trip to the floor. Freaked me out.

My son was home for the weekend and we removed the passenger side inner fender, have weld in one patch before the new inner fender is spot welded back in. Will have pics later. On Sunday we went to the Atlantic Nationals in Moncton, there was around 2000 cars there 6 Barracudas, we were cruising St. George Blvd. and to our amassment we saw the mate to our Barracuda same color in and out the car came from Calgary some time ago. Got a couple of pics the guys were good to talk to.
Lots of Abodies there as well. Mopar Muscle everywhere.

Wow! Steven
Doesn't that make you want to work on it harder? I see John looking hard for the next spot weld.
It happened to Lynn and I ,we seen a cream one out at the Red Deer car show 3years ago.
Came home and started working on it.
Are the inners rusted out bad?

Darryl

Ya they are pretty bad on top and where they are mount the control arm to the frame. We could of just replaced the top section but I think this well make a better finished job

John was back home this weekend, we took the engine apart. Found the miss in the engine, it had a bent push rod due to a stuck intake valve. Got it freed up and ordered a new one as well as a complete gasket kit from Rock Auto. I will check the specs on the rest of the engine, everything looks OK just a lot of dried out gaskets and cracked valve seals.

Been doing some engine work the last few weeks. Tore engine apart found miss in the engine had a stuck valve and it bent the push rod. Been cleaning and painting engine parts and have stuck it back together waiting for the gasket kit and push rod to come from Rock Auto. They are now in Houlton Maine waiting for John to pick them up. Here are a couple of before and after pics.

jpg.gif
DSCN2921 - Copy.jpg (163.0 KB)
jpg.gif
DSCN3279.JPG (160.3 KB)
jpg.gif
DSCN3280.JPG (127.1 KB)
jpg.gif
DSCN3281.JPG (155.0 KB)

-
Back