69 Barracuda Dash Radio Cutout

-

Topless69

Reaction score
I have a 69 Barracuda ‘vert with a “stalk” radio dash (non thumbwheel)
Is it possible this is OEM or did a PO put in a 67 dash? This pic is not my dash but is the same type in my car.

158A2E6C-C8EA-48D2-8103-791023325BBD.jpeg

That is a 67 dash bezel with a 69 speedometer in it, and what looks like an aftermarket auto gage tachometer in it. 68-69 were thumbwheel type

That is a 67 dash bezel with a 69 speedometer in it, and what looks like an aftermarket auto gage tachometer in it. 68-69 were thumbwheel type
Thanks Mat - The thumbwheel radios are the only ones I’ve ever seen in 68-69 barracudas, but knowing Ma Mopar I thought maybe something slipped through the cracks and I got a radio with regular knobs. I guess somebody before me couldn’t find a 69 dash when they rebuilt it.

68-69 it was the same plastic bezel, and diecast housing. Only the speedometer font was different.

67 the diecast gage housing, and heater controls were unique to that year. You can put a 68-69 bezel on a 67 gage housing, but the screw boss on the far right of the 68-69 bezel will not line up with the 67 housing.

68-69 it was the same plastic bezel, and diecast housing. Only the speedometer font was different.

67 the diecast gage housing, and heater controls were unique to that year. You can put a 68-69 bezel on a 67 gage housing, but the screw boss on the far right of the 68-69 bezel will not line up with the 67 housing.

And in 69 the center gauge Bezels were Black! Not platisic Chrome!

Some very early 1968 models (Darts anyway) still had the shaft radio, but by the end of August they were all thumbs...like some of you guys...

-
Back