69 barracuda notchback project

-

chadf

Reaction score
Hey guys I am new here. I gave a intro earlier on in the week. Just thought I would start a little build thread for anyone who's interested. I will give you a little bit of a background on me.. been playing with cars with my dad all my life. More so hot rod and pre 1940 stuff with a bunch of different muscle cars on along the way. Chevelles. Fairlanes, Nova, Mustang fastback, a few big block Coronets. I am body man by trade, built and raced stock cars etc. You get the picture. This is my fist A body mopar though. This car I tried to buy about 8 years ago I think. The fella brought it to me to have the bodywork done. I bugged and bugged him to buy it but no way would he sell it to me.
. Long story short , I did the body work, put it in primer and never heard from him again. Until last week. He called me up and asked me what I was building I said ' a 1965 nova SS " he asked if it was mine I said sure was and he asked me if I was still interested in his cuda. I was floored he still had it and never ever touched it again after I put it in primer. So needless to say he is the new owner of a 65 nova and I have the Cuda I wanted to buy years ago lol Plans call for a fresh stroker build
451 or 470 not sure yet. The Mopar stroker motors are new to me. So I am sure I will have some questions. I have a forged crank that needs turned anyways and a 400 block..so why not. Also a mini tub, 4 spd and God only knows what color . Thinking orange with the black hood and stripes. A tried and true paint scheme. Can't wait to really dig in to it ! There's one thing for sure it has to have a big block... lol

Screenshot_20160702-203414.png

Last edited:
The black hood was never a thing on this generation of Barracuda. Of course, you can do whatever you like -- I just saw one of these dressed up like a 1970 AAR Cuda. But have fun with the build!

The black hood was never a thing on this generation of Barracuda. Of course, you can do whatever you like -- I just saw one of these dressed up like a 1970 AAR Cuda. But have fun with the build!

And please don't do a bumblebee stripe on a Barracuda. Just my .02 but those belong on Dodges.

And please don't do a bumblebee stripe on a Barracuda. Just my .02 but those belong on Dodges.

Lol no bumble bee stripes that I can rest assure you lol.. i know the black hoods aren't correct. I have always liked the black hoods on them..breaks them up a bit. I can remember one here in town that was a radical piece. You never seen it come through town too much but when you did, you heard it long before you seen it .That car made a huge impact on me for my love of the 67-69 barracuda's. That car had the flat black hood on it but it was more of a reddish color like the r4 red on a charger. This will be more of a hot rod not a factory correct resto. The original mill and tranny are loonnggg gone as the original rear end this just a clean solid shell that needs to lurk the streets again.. So I hope I am not offending anyone ...

I really like this car for a tough look just as an example

1.jpg

Last edited:
That looks good and pretty much how I would like to do one. Always loved the six pac or SS scoops on these cars! The dual snorkel dart scoop fits these hood nicely and my car wore one for many years.

Good luck with you notch!

Mine is a real BB car and decided not to enhance it (removed stuff) except for the wheels/tires it wore for 30 years, which can easily be changed to stock.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
That looks good and pretty much how I would like to do one. Always loved the six pac or SS scoops on these cars! The dual snorkel dart scoop fits these hood nicely and my car wore one for many years.

Good luck with you notch!

Mine is a real BB car and decided not to enhance it (removed stuff) except for the wheels/tires it wore for 30 years, which can easily be changed to stock.

View attachment 1714951099
That's a sharp looking car my friend..I find these barracuda's don't need a whole lot to make them evil looking. I Really like the color on yours.. I know where there is a fastback that was used for parts that's actually pretty decent for an ontario car. Well what's left of it anyways. Which isn't much..problem is there is no title

received_1613346722289768.jpeg

received_1613350325622741.jpeg

Looks like it still has some good metal folks are looking for! If the trunk lid only has some surface rust at the dress panel mount holes it is worth 2-4 bills! That is always a sore spot on FB cars.

Here i
Thinking of scooping it for a tube chassis project

69's lend themselves to six pac or dual snorkel Mopar scoops (IMO). SS scoops look better on 67/68 bodies. The hood and front nose panel dictate that.

Have fun and remember "Most Mopar guys prefer body painted panels under the hood".

I had done a ton of work to this car for the previous owner...good thing I went the extra mile because I own it now lol

DSC01392.JPG

DSC01382.JPG

DSC01383.JPG

-
Back