69 barracuda notchback

-

69cudafla

Reaction score
purchased a 69 barracuda notchback a few months ago and i've been bummin around FABO gettin opinions and ideas for how i want to build her. car left the factory in 69 a a triple black slant six. black velvet paint, black interior, black stripe. was painted a burgendy red at some point then gutted for some reason. the guy before me bought her as a shell i.e. no chrome no trimmings at all jus interior and a body and wheels. he pulled the slant six and dropped in a 360 v8 then started restorin her as a drag car for the tv show pinks when they came to gainesville. he son got married and they stopped workin on her i got her for $5,000 no rust no body marks jus no grill,radio, or glovebox or trim on the outside at all and painted petty blue, not a bad color jus not good on the notchback! i since purchased new seat leathers, headliner, all new chrome mirrors and doorhandles, weather stripping, window felts. and emblems, only thing i can't seem to find it the barracuda fish v8 emblems. plans are to repait with a go green exterior clean up the interior already set her up on some rallye wheels from a 72 cuda. still no beauty rings though. stick a straight strobe stripe on the side and a mock shaker hoodscoop on the hood since i can't afford to put a real one in right now. the glass will be refitted this month as well as all the wetherstripping. my dad has switched out the kickdown for a cable kickdown and put in a electronic ignition to get rid of the points in the distributer. i'm gonna post some pics here in a bout a month when i get back from iraq only a few more weeks till i get to see her in person!:cheers:

Very cool.
The exterior trim for the 69 is hard to find and/or afford. I'll keep an eye out around here for your 69 only needs.

oh yea forgot to mention i'm back now been back for almost 3 weeks, havin some trouble trackin down a crankshaft pulley and a waterpump pully for 318/160 v8 only thing i need to get the cuda goin cuz it keeps eatin up belts, dad my mechanic and the pro said thats all i need...and some new rims..it has stock 69 rims on it i would love to put some aftermarket ones on there but it's almost impossable to find them any suggestions?

here's the stripe for the side and what do you guys and gals think about this green like a satin metallic lime green does is there even a color code for this??

70_Mid_Strobes.jpg

DSC00047.JPG

got to takin the seats out to restor them and discovered they aren't original which i knew from lookin at them...when i pulled off the lil cover on the side of the passenger one i found out they came out of a ford..so now i'm jus gonna order a nice set or corbeau racin seats in black..anybody need some 69 cuda seat covers???

Welcome home dude!

Seriously, I am starting to think I shoulda bought a Barracuda instead of a Duster! Reality is I should just eventualy get both!:toothy10:

Beautiful car though man! Looking forward to more pics/progress!

Welcome home dude!

Seriously, I am starting to think I shoulda bought a Barracuda instead of a Duster! Reality is I should just eventualy get both!:toothy10:

Beautiful car though man! Looking forward to more pics/progress!

Rocker, when you're ready for your Barracuda project, let me know. I have a '68 that I can bring down to Fall Fling next month for you. ;)

Hope ur going to re-paint it the factory scheme...triple black would have to be very rare and would look so good on a 69 notch .... good luck with the build!

i would go with the triple black syd but it doesn't have a/c and i don't wanna die in those Fla summers in the years to come.

-
Back