69 Barracuda race car

-
If the car has sat for the past 15 years, I'd be going over the brakes and fuel lines just as a safety precaution. I'd also pull the valve covers and have a looks see. If the motor sat for a really long period without being turned over for that many years the valve springs may need replaced. As far as ET I'd say since it is an older build it probably has nothing to fancy done to it, but looks like the car has been lightened up some. I'd say it should run 10.50-11.0s in the 1/4.

Maybe you can tell

D8B6F0CF-F642-473F-AADF-3C1FBAE9CAA3.jpeg

If the car has sat for the past 15 years, I'd be going over the brakes and fuel lines just as a safety precaution. I'd also pull the valve covers and have a looks see. If the motor sat for a really long period without being turned over for that many years the valve springs may need replaced. As far as ET I'd say since it is an older build it probably has nothing to fancy done to it, but looks like the car has been lightened up some. I'd say it should run 10.50-11.0s in the 1/4.
The people that I bought it from had replaced A section of Fuel line a new fuel pressure regulator and then they took it down the dragstrip a couple of times but never a full pass

I would replace every fuel line. I see some rubber line off the Holley red pump. With a red pump you don’t need a regulator.

May want to even check the transmission cooling lines as well. Anytime a car sits for a period of time anything rubber can and will dry and crack.

1290477C-9682-42FB-9DBD-83CFA25C522E.jpeg
Good to have you aboard Trevor
This is our experience
Car will need valve springs & check of rockers ryt now NOT Later
Those plug wires won’t be good
The gaskets between the motor and the block plates will leak the lst nyt you do
a a decent pass(u need a locator bar)
Right now you just need seat time in the car Don’t forget fuel pressure The foam & dirt will plug the screen (pump)
As for later its all about cyl heads no better choice than tricks These motor s are great when sound 6:99-7:30 sare to be expected with ryt gear 4:30-488

If it were mine & had set for all those years before I got the car, I'd be pulling the engine & transmission. While they were out, I'd check timing components, oil pump, all of the easily accessible gaskets, fuel lines, seals, etc. Since the seller has no idea what's in it & not much of the history, you will be dollars ahead & probably save yourself the cost of a rebuild because of a $2.00 part failure.

Welcome trevor, I'm also bracket racing a barracuda in VA. What part of VA are you in.and what track are you planning to race. If you take any of the advice of the other members the first thing would be the valve springs.i have always looked at the valve spring ,lock ,retainer as the pin in the grenade.do whatever you can afford to ensure the pin stays in the grenade.if you are close to summer duck that is a good track to get seat time.wednesday , Thursday and Saturday and Sunday something is going down that track good luck with the car and keep it green.

Welcome trevor, I'm also bracket racing a barracuda in VA. What part of VA are you in.and what track are you planning to race. If you take any of the advice of the other members the first thing would be the valve springs.i have always looked at the valve spring ,lock ,retainer as the pin in the grenade.do whatever you can afford to ensure the pin stays in the grenade.if you are close to summer duck that is a good track to get seat time.wednesday , Thursday and Saturday and Sunday something is going down that track good luck with the car and keep it green.
Summer duck is quite a ways from me the closest track to me is eastside in waynesboro va

43BBEA66-400A-4F89-9D35-BA6574E80A45.jpeg

Good to have you aboard Trevor
This is our experience
Car will need valve springs & check of rockers ryt now NOT Later
Those plug wires won’t be good
The gaskets between the motor and the block plates will leak the lst nyt you do
a a decent pass(u need a locator bar)
Right now you just need seat time in the car Don’t forget fuel pressure The foam & dirt will plug the screen (pump)
As for later its all about cyl heads no better choice than tricks These motor s are great when sound 6:99-7:30 sare to be expected with ryt gear 4:30-488

-
Back