69 Barracuda rebuild

-

Racerex1

Reaction score
Picked this car up last month and started the resto. I will post picks as I go.Taking all the undercoating off. This is not fun. Torch and a putty knife. I bet I have already took 5 pounds off and I have alot to go.

Photo-0001 (Medium).jpg

Photo-0096 (Medium).jpg

Photo-0099 (Medium).jpg

DOG 014 (Medium).jpg

Photo-0024 (Medium).jpg

I am leaning towards silver or blue but still undecided. I am getting away from the E5 Limelight Green though.

WoW!!She,s a keeper(floors)can,t wait to see more pics.Is the underside of the trunk(frame rails and dog legs)as clean as the rest of the underbody?Also what state did you find?somebody took care of it in it,s lifetime.Keep up the good work and pics.

Car came from Illinois It sat under a lean to next to a barn for over 15 years with a canvas cover on it. I don't know why, but it's very solid. The trunk has a couple of very small holes as do the front floors. I am not replacing them. They are to nice to cut out. Just making a few small patches, no larger than a quarter.

Thanks for pics.You say holes are the size of a quarter,after removal I,d go a little bigger to be safe.Your cars underbody is gonna look great after repaint.You,ve got alot to work with.Most cars of this era have usually been molested already.Nice find.She,s a beauty!!

Yea, they were pin holes but after I cleaned them up I am about the size of a dime. I have already welded a few small ones up on the floors and just had to ground them back down. It's going to turn out pretty good. The plugs were out of the floors and trunk when I loaded it up. It also had some sort of sealer brushed on them. I guess this saved them. What do you guys think of a silver cuda 440 clone with the scoops and black stripes? I have a photo chopped picture below of what I want it to look like. Thoughts?

dscn0307512311112311 (Small).jpg

Progress..... I got all the undercoating off. That was fun...:toothy10: Done under the hood after sanding and shooting a poly urethane, reinstalled the k frame after blasting and painting with por15 and got the rear end housing blasted and painted. I have a long ways to go. Camera phone is all I had. I will post better pics next time.

Photo-0006 (Small).jpg

Photo-0013 (Small).jpg

Photo-0016 (Small).jpg

Photo-0017 (Small).jpg

Photo-0019 (Small).jpg

Yea, i had all weekend to work on it. Should be a lot further this weekend. That's the only thing good about winter. Nothing else to do and the wife doesn't get bent outa shape about me being at the shop all weekend.8)
I am now having 2nd thoughts on the silver. I have (barracuda orange) on my mind. It's red with a hint of orange. Now which one??? LOL

0308_HRDP_01_z_CUDA.jpg

Yea, i had all weekend to work on it. Should be a lot further this weekend. That's the only thing good about winter. Nothing else to do and the wife doesn't get bent outa shape about me being at the shop all weekend.8)
I am now having 2nd thoughts on the silver. I have (barracuda orange) on my mind. It's red with a hint of orange. Now which one??? LOL

You can`t go wrong with either one. With red interior I`d go silver......... black or white interior,Tor-red?

LOL That looks real good. The red ones I find just seem to stand out a little more. I can't decide right now though. I am doing everything else first until I make up my mind. Just got my block and heads back from the machine shop today and going to be building the 440 right now and going through the 727 after that. I Hope to have the car back as a roller by next week though.

LOL That looks real good. The red ones I find just seem to stand out a little more. I can't decide right now though. I am doing everything else first until I make up my mind. Just got my block and heads back from the machine shop today and going to be building the 440 right now and going through the 727 after that. I Hope to have the car back as a roller by next week though.

I know it is rough chosing between colors. I'll just say that I don't care for red. :angry7:

How about Hemi Orange. Cudaspaz's car. Cool isn't it?

1-2.jpg

Yea thats a bad azz car. I have seen it. Trust me. I have searched this forum up and down for every barracuda 67-69 and it just confused me more.:toothy10:

-
Back