69 Barracuda Script Emblem placement

-

shupe

Reaction score
Got my car back from the painter and I'm putting all the emblems on. I've never had them on since I bought the car - they've been in a box.
The front of the front fenders each have a fish emblem and a 6 1/2 inch Barracuda script emblem-no problem.
I also have two 8 1/2 inch script emblems and don't know where they go. Anybody know?
Thanks
Shupe
69 Barracuda Coupe

you may try looking at all the cuda's on this sight.check out the gallery.i'm sure the pic's are here for you.
terry

After studying pictures, there seems to be two different trunk finish panels on 69's. One with a dark section across has the large Barracuda script emblem. Others (like mine) have a plain, slightly polished solid finish panel. These have the fish emblem. Why I have large script emblems, I dunno; they don't seem to go with my finish panel.
-Shupe

lombard_cruise_030.jpg

That should help some...

EDIT... maybe I should learn to read too... LOL. I see you figured out where those go.. :banghead:

maybe the cuda's with the darkened center are formula's S ? i know there grill's are painted dark as opposed to the argent.
terry

Those are originals... the other side isn't so pretty. Some nice pitting and what not.

I did figure out where the longer (8"?) emblem goes. You should need only one, as it's a '67 emblem. One the back of the decklid in '67, there are 3 pieces of trim... top, middle, and bottom. Top and bottom are the same, but the middle is a more decorative piece. On the passenger side, just inboard of the end of the decklid is where it mounts. Noticed on my fastback the other night. Hope that helps. If it's in good condition, I might be interested in buying it off you if you have no need for it.

Just let me know!

Mike

-
Back