69 Barracuda value?

-

67furyfasttop

Reaction score
Just wanting to get a ballpark idea of what I have. Not necessarily wanting to sell it so I posted here.
1969 barracuda 318 motor
B5 blue inside and out
Factory Blue wheels with dull size factory blue spare.
Tow package and hitch
AC and rear defrost.
Lap and shoulder seat belts.
1 owner 98k miles not that it matters
Cranked up with gas in carb but stored a long time and neds all fluids flushed.
Floors solid. Trunk pan needs patch or replace. Needs minor work under rear window and under trunk lid.
Interior in great shape accept headliner. Just curious as she sits vs painted?

20200602_144816.jpg

20200602_141719.jpg

20200602_171619.jpg

20200602_202842.jpg

Would you post a picture of the fender tag if it's there

Just wanting to get a ballpark idea of what I have. Not necessarily wanting to sell it so I posted here.
1969 barracuda 318 motor
B5 blue inside and out
Tow package and hitch
AC and rear defrost.
Floors solid. Trunk pan needs patch or replace. Needs minor work under rear window and under trunk lid.

View attachment 1715539856

View attachment 1715539857

View attachment 1715539860

View attachment 1715539864
IMG_6257.jpg

That's super nice!!! I would do some mechanical refreshing up to get it running and stopping well, maybe steam clean the engine compartment, give that 318 a rattle can rebuild, fix the trunk floor, and rot around the windows and trunklid. Do a nice respray of the B5 and stick a headliner and a carpet in it. Drive it and enjoy it. I wouldent soup it up past maybe a nice dual exhaust setup with turndowns.

But that's just me.

It does have duals. Im seriously thinking the same maybe minus paint just because I feel id be stressing parking near people lol. As it sits I a grocery cart bumping it won't entirely ruin my day. I think carpets also but to keep it original as possible.. may try good cleaning first. Def gonna test and recore radiator and full tune up and new fluids before I even crank her up.

That's super nice!!! I would do some mechanical refreshing up to get it running and stopping well, maybe steam clean the engine compartment, give that 318 a rattle can rebuild, fix the trunk floor, and rot around the windows and trunklid. Do a nice respray of the B5 and stick a headliner and a carpet in it. Drive it and enjoy it. I wouldent soup it up past maybe a nice dual exhaust setup with turndowns.

But that's just me.

Maybe a new dashpad too. Place called the dashpad factory in El Paso gives I think $20 each for the old cores. Postage paid sticker in the box that the new one comes in. Put the old one in the box, slap the sticker on it, drop it off at a pack n mail. I pulled 5 cracked A body dashpads from my local boneyard on a recent visit, when I got my new pad, I sent these 5 back in one big box. They dropped I think $100 in my PayPal lol.

Last edited:
Thanks! I have one I got brand new aftermarket in a 67 dart parts car. Was going to paint it and use it. May as well send then my old one

Maybe a new dashpad too. Place called the dashpad factory in El Paso gives I think $20 each for the old cores. Postage paid sticker in the box that the new one comes in. Put the old one in the box, slap the sticker on it, drop it off at a pack n mail. I pulled 5 cracked A body dashpads from my local boneyard on a recent visit, when I got my new pad, I sent these 5 back in one big box. They dropped I think $100 in my PayPal lol.

I asked em what they would pay for the old cores, then was like as many as I can fit in the box? They said yep. I cut the foam off em, and loaded the bare frames into the box. The junkyard guy gave em to me lol.

However, his question was what do we think it's worth. As is, not running or drivable, I would say $4,000. I am not slamming the car. Here is my reasoning. If I look at a car that is not running and can't be driven, I assume the engine, transmission, rear end, brakes, suspension, HVAC and most electronics will need to be replaced and/or rebuilt. Not a fair assumption to make? I think it is. It is the responsibility of the seller to prove that these things are OK. How many of you either know someone, or have been the recipient of paying too much for a project car on the assumption that these things were good, only to find out that they were junk. How many of you have heard, "All it needs is a new carb, and it will run fine". BS. If it was that easy, the person would have gotten it running. Get it running and driving (even poorly) and I would say maybe $8,000.

This was about what I was thinking its value is. I agree about 8 when cleaned up and running. I know its not locked up. Seller is a friend in CA. Fuel smells horrible so since I know it will startvim not trying until I replace all fluids and clean it up
My plans aside from all fluids is test and recore radiator new head liner and dash and some new tires and drive it until I'm comfortable shesva runner. Then who knows maybe sell maybe paint and keep. Maybe just rock the patina look.
Thanks for the input

However, his question was what do we think it's worth. As is, not running or drivable, I would say $4,000. I am not slamming the car. Here is my reasoning. If I look at a car that is not running and can't be driven, I assume the engine, transmission, rear end, brakes, suspension, HVAC and most electronics will need to be replaced and/or rebuilt. Not a fair assumption to make? I think it is. It is the responsibility of the seller to prove that these things are OK. How many of you either know someone, or have been the recipient of paying too much for a project car on the assumption that these things were good, only to find out that they were junk. How many of you have heard, "All it needs is a new carb, and it will run fine". BS. If it was that easy, the person would have gotten it running. Get it running and driving (even poorly) and I would say maybe $8,000.

This was about what I was thinking its value is. I agree about 8 when cleaned up and running. I know its not locked up. Seller is a friend in CA. Fuel smells horrible so since I know it will startvim not trying until I replace all fluids and clean it up
My plans aside from all fluids is test and recore radiator new head liner and dash and some new tires and drive it until I'm comfortable shesva runner. Then who knows maybe sell maybe paint and keep. Maybe just rock the patina look.
Thanks for the input
I like that plan right there.

Thanks. I attempted to decode but could not get it all either. Playing around and did see factory tow hitch as adoption depending on what line it was on. It does have this option.

partially correct

BH23:
Plymouth Barracuda
High
2 Door Hardtop

F9B: 318 230HP 1-2BBL 8 CYL
Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA

410931: Sequence number

E44: 318 cid 2 barrel V8 230hp
D31: A904 3-Speed Auto Trans.
B5: Bright Blue Metallic Exterior Color
B5H4B: Trim - Basic, Cloth/Vinyl Bucket Seats, Unknown Color
B5: Bright Blue Metallic Int. Door Frames
613: Build Date: June 13
218734: Order number

A35: Unknown Top Color
G11: Tinted Glass (all)
H51: Air Conditioning with Heater
M21: Roof drip rail moldings
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V78: Accent Stripes, Deleted

END2: Unknown

Thanks. I attempted to decode but could not get it all either. Playing around and did see factory tow hitch as adoption depending on what line it was on. It does have this option.

BH23:
Plymouth Barracuda
High
2 Door Hardtop

F9B: 318 230HP 1-2BBL 8 CYL
Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA

410931: Sequence number

E44: 318 cid 2 barrel V8 230hp
D31: A904 3-Speed Auto Trans.
B5B5: Unknown Exterior Color
H4B: Trim - High, Vinyl Split Bench Seat, Blue
B5: Bright Blue Metallic Int. Door Frames
613: Build Date: June 13
218734: Order number

G11: Tinted Glass (all)
H51: Air Conditioning with Heater
M21: Roof drip rail moldings
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
V78: Accent Stripes, Deleted

A35: H .D. Trailer Towing Package

END2: Unknown

Last edited:
1969 barracuda 318 motor
B5 blue inside and out
Tow package and hitch
AC and rear defrost.

View attachment 1715539856

View attachment 1715539857

View attachment 1715539860

View attachment 1715539864
late build car as well

Update!
Drained all fluids. Replaced fuel sending unit, pump and filter. Flushed radiator trans and oil and she cranked right up!
Have people asking about price already. Not sure if I'll sell right away.. but if the right offer came by.. maybe.

20200602_141719.jpg

-
Back