69 barracuda wiring questions

-

Quikitty

Reaction score
I have a 69 barracuda that I’m finishing up the restoration on. I bought the car in pieces so I don’t have photos of how all the wiring was originally. I did buy a wiring diagram but it does not match exactly what I have in the car. Can anybody help me with identifying these connections. The first is coming off the transmission, four-speed. It’s for the back up switch which is connected at the transmission and this and is supposed to connect to the wiring harness but I cannot find the connector for it from the wiring harness. Am I missing something?
View attachment 1715703389
next photo is of a tan wire coming out of the wiring harness near the distributor. I know the bluish wire goes to the distributor to the positive terminal, but I don’t know where the stand was supposed to go.
View attachment 1715703390
third question is these two black wires coming off of the wiring harness with a bullet female type fitting. I have no clue where these go. Any help would be appreciated
View attachment 1715703391

Black barrel connectors are for hood mount turn signals wire connections AO1 light package option.

Tan wire w female spade at firewall is for oil pressure sending unit.

The reverse light switch plug should go to a short mating plug that's wired in with the firewall plug for the windshield wipers. That short mating plug setup was after feb 1969 I believe. I think before feb 1969 the spades pinned directly into the firewall plug that has the wiper wiring.

Hope this helps
Matt

-
Back