69 Bench seat non headrest to headrest

-

CL3406

Reaction score
Hello, can anyone confirm if a non headrest bench seat is easily changed to headrests when the seat is recovered? Did the factory ready the frames for either applications? I know they were an option prior to Jan 69 so I would assume they would be practical enough to go that way but not 100% sure?? . My bench application is a 69 Dart. Thanks.

Hello, can anyone confirm if a non headrest bench seat is easily changed to headrests when the seat is recovered? Did the factory ready the frames for either applications? I know they were an option prior to Jan 69 so I would assume they would be practical enough to go that way but not 100% sure?? . My bench application is a 69 Dart. Thanks.

You can buy a headrest mounting kit from PG Classics. I'm pretty sure the backrest of the bench is already set up for the headrest mounting hardware as the bucket seats are. I redid my bucket seats and you can see the holes in the metal frame where the chrome mounting bezels go that are predrilled.

810ben_kit2__71939.1418448821.1280.1280.jpg

You can buy a headrest mounting kit from PG Classics. I'm pretty sure the backrest of the bench is already set up for the headrest mounting hardware as the bucket seats are. I redid my bucket seats and you can see the holes in the metal frame where the chrome mounting bezels go that are predrilled.

View attachment 1715598907
Great thanks for the info!

-
Back