69 cuda 340 slipper clutch?

-
well guys thanks for all the advice I ordered the McLeod 4956-00-05 soft lock cant wait to see it! then learn to set it up .......

Thanks for the info guys. Sometimes its hard to keep up on the latest goodies. I drive my car,the one in my avatar,when funds allow. It has a crowerglide and 3 speed lenco. Pushing on the clutch pedal engages the clutch. Talk about having to break old habits.....

hi, I think you will like it. only rework will be drilling a hole on back side of bellhousing.
you can reach in with long allen wrench to adjust base pressure. also, will have to mark dampner to lineup to clutch adjusters. I I did mine with clutch mounted had a friend slowly rotate crank till adjuster lined up, then marked dampner. I marked mine in three C shaped brackets. numbered them 1 , 2 , 3 . this way always be in right spot. just food for thought. also, I use a speed handle to set adjusters. easier to reference to clock settings.
in other words, 12 , 3 6, 9 clock. this gives you 1/4 , 1/2, 3/4 , and one turn. very simple.

Of course we all know that modifying any safety equipment (scattershield) in any way (holes) without the manufactures blessing (recert) is a big no no.

I kind of find it strange that quick time and Lakewood do not custom modify and certify bellhousings to fit your order.or do they ? They must be aware that alot of there product has to be modified for soft loc clutches. I'm sure some ppl would pay to have it done especially if they are throwing huge power through it. I think Tim Hyatt will certify a modified bellhousing if you want or need them done . I'm yet to find out that a modified bellhousing for an adjustable clutch doesn't pass tech at any drag strips.

Lakewood has recertified modified scattershields. But it probably depends on the level of mods. Size and placement of the holes. Furthermore Lakewood now subs out recerts to a company local to them. I called Lakewood to see if anyone else closer to my location could recert it. Was told no. But the people now doing the recert are fast,less than 2 weeks. Before Lakewood actually misplaced mine,took over 3 months. Price is very reasonable also.

-
Back