Status
Not open for further replies.

VOETOM

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Contact seller
Greetings,
I am looking for some good, used or new, American-made bolts for my 1969 Barracuda bumpers. They will be refinished but I need some good ones, not rusty old scruffy ones like I have in my "collection". I will need 12 total. What might you have?
Thank you!
Tom

I took my bumper bolt to a local body shop and they had them, exact look, for cheap.

Thanks. I see AMD sells them cheaply but my guess is they are Chinese. I am not going to use them if I can avoid it.
If I knew the aftermarket bolts were American-made, I'll pounce on them.
Thank you Rklein for the tip.
Tom

Thanks. I see AMD sells them cheaply but my guess is they are Chinese. I am not going to use them if I can avoid it.
If I knew the aftermarket bolts were American-made, I'll pounce on them.
Thank you Rklein for the tip.
Tom

I will check with my local supplier to see if they still have any old stock American bumper bolts that are correct. They had a lot of vintage stock in that line.

Even if they are Chinese they may still be a better base for being redone than 45 year scuffed up old ones.

Thank you, I will await any information you all have. I agree it would be good to start with new ones but the thought of chinese parts....!

your originals will have stainless caps and usually never rust.If they are not dented they can be easily polished bright again.If the threads are rusty just leave them in bowl of evaporust overnight and they will look like new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back