69 dart fender vs 68 differences

-

Ol'forest

Reaction score
Having trouble finding a left 69 dart fender, so I'm thinking I might have to bite the bullet and weld a my old 69 dart headlight bucket in to a 68 fender.
What I want to know, is the inner brace on a 68 dart fender welded in like a 69, or does it bolt in to the wheel lip and across to the inner fender like a 67 dart? Are there any other differences other than the side marker and headlight bucket?

I put 68 fender on my 69 with no issues. I don't like the rectangluar markers. That's why I made the change.

Having trouble finding a left 69 dart fender, so I'm thinking I might have to bite the bullet and weld a my old 69 dart headlight bucket in to a 68 fender.
What I want to know, is the inner brace on a 68 dart fender welded in like a 69, or does it bolt in to the wheel lip and across to the inner fender like a 67 dart? Are there any other differences other than the side marker and headlight bucket?

Are you coming to Carlisle? I have a 69 Dart left fender that has some surface rust on it but it's probably repairable. It was an nos replacement at one time because it's gray with a large inked part number on the back. I was gonna ask $150 at the show.

Thanks Greg, I saw your fender on ebay, I can see it was a replacement fender, as it uses the 73-76 outer skin, I have put a NOS right and a used replacement 67 dart fender on my other dart in the past, and both of them had the same outer skin with the slightly larger wheel opening and no inner brace. I'm really looking for an original 69 if I can, to match my right fender on my 69, bit fussy, but I can tell the difference even if no body else notices. If I was nearer to you I'd snap it up. Thanks for telling me about it.

-
Back