69 dart front sway bar help/info needed

-

69DARTS

69 Darts Rule
Reaction score
My 340 69 dart now has upper tubuler control arms pst.
New torsion bars pst
New strut rods pst
The lowers are qa1 tubuler with swaybar tabs
The car is also big bolt pattern
This is a factory front swaybar dart.
What my issue is i dont no what swaybar to buy
And 1 that will work. Thank u for the help.

What are your plans for the car.

Auto cross?
Around town ice cream getter?

As for what bar will fit your application, I would contact the LCA manufacturer.

If the tabs are designed for factory style sway bar that might be the deciding factor.

What are your plans for the car.

Auto cross?
Around town ice cream getter?

As for what bar will fit your application, I would contact the LCA manufacturer.

If the tabs are designed for factory style sway bar that might be the deciding factor.
I had a bad upper control arm and the project just went sideways no roadcross just lots of driving

Anywhere between stock and ~1" will be a noticable difference between not having one.

The QA1 tubular LCA's use a sway bar tab location that's basically the same as the 73+ sway bar tabs, at least laterally (the vertical position is different, so, different length end links).

Since you have a '69 K frame you can't use 73+ sway bars, since they pass through the K frame and your K doesn't have that provision.

The 67-72 Hotchkis sway bar should work, it does not use the factory 67-72 sway bar tabs and the tab location it does use is pretty much the same as the 73+ bars.
1971 DODGE DART Hotchkis Sport Suspension 22385F Hotchkis Sport Suspension Anti-Sway Bar Kits | Summit Racing

Hellwig #55917 is their “pro touring” front sway bar, it also puts the sway bar tabs in a similar spot as the 73+ cars, which again should work with the QA1 LCA's.
1971 DODGE DART Hellwig 55917 Hellwig Motorsports Tubular Sway Bars | Summit Racing

I run QA1 LCA's on my '74 Duster, I use a Hellwig sway bar for the 73+ cars. It needed the end links shortened slightly but the location of the tabs is fine. So you don't need the QA1 sway bar, and honestly I don't know that the way they mount it on their tubular K frame would work with a stock K frame and mounts. QA1 will tell you nothing but their stuff fits, but, that's not accurate. If you look at the factory LCA's, or even the QA1 LCA's, there's really only 2 places the tabs can be where they don't interfere with either the strut rod or the torsion bar adjuster. All the way at the end of the LCA like 67-72, or right between the strut rod and the torsion bar adjuster slot, like 73+. There's less than a 1/2" of wiggle room at either location, which is well within what you can do with the end links and bushings.

Last edited:
-
Back