Status
Not open for further replies.

Darius

Darius
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I am selling my 69 Dart GTS 340,727,3:23. I have had it for 6 years and I need room so unfortunately it has to go. My other build is almost done and I have a 2013 Charger Daytona on the way!
Here is the scoop:
This car is a west coast car. It was semi restored in the mid 80’s by a gentleman in Tacoma Wa. I spoke with him but he had suffered a stroke and the most I could get from him was that this car has a 70TA block and was rebuilt at that time. I have a pile of receipts from him and there is one from April 2000 from a tune up shop in Tacoma stating 2921 miles on the Odometer. It read 5211 when I bought it in April 2007.
I have a PILE of receipts from both the guy who restored it in the 80’s as well as everything I have done with it since I have had it. There is also some decent history data as relates to ownership names, numbers/contact info, etc.

Here is what I see has been changed/added in first resto based on fender tag decode by Frank at GTS Registry;
A/C was added, receipt in folder for 318 A/C stuff as well as rear defogger
Original top was black and was stripe delete. New to white and stripe added
Cruise control added. (Does not work, never has, I have not tried to fix it)
A/C works but needs a charge, I lost the charge when I changed the manifold. It worked fine before that as I had it re-done.

What I have done;
Changed cracked original intake to an Air Gap
Installed Edelbrock 4bbl carb
Removed de-fogger for speaker hole but I will include all parts with car
Added Satellite radio, will come with car but you subscribe.
Installed the complete Hotchkis TVS suspension, includes frame connectors and front and rear sway bars….this car is a GO CART now!!
Installed 2 ½” exhaust, custom fit around suspension, kept factory exhaust manifolds!
Mufflers are Dynomax super turbos, very acceptable noise level and NO cavitation drone
Installed new 15” Rally Wheels and trim small bolt pattern. Still has left and right threads.
Installed BF Goodrich radials, P225/60R15 at 105590 on odo.

This car is as mechanically sound as you will find. There is some rust at the bottom of the “C” pillars under the vinyl and a pinhole over the right rear wheel opening as well as under the right rocker behind the door. It needs a paint job but that is it!
Here is a link to a ton of pics on photo bucket.
I am asking $20,000 or best offer. I have about $9k just in theA/C,suspension, exhaust, and tires/wheels. I will entertain offers, not insults. I think I covered everything as well as I can with the pics but send questions if you have them.

http://s284.beta.photobucket.com/user/DariusCRCKBR/library/Dart for sale pics

Bump..Reduced to $19000 or MAKE A DECENT OFFER.

I am selling my 69 Dart GTS 340,727,3:23. I have had it for 6 years and I need room so unfortunately it has to go. My other build is almost done and I have a 2013 Charger Daytona on the way!
Here is the scoop:
This car is a west coast car. It was semi restored in the mid 80’s by a gentleman in Tacoma Wa. I spoke with him but he had suffered a stroke and the most I could get from him was that this car has a 70TA block and was rebuilt at that time. I have a pile of receipts from him and there is one from April 2000 from a tune up shop in Tacoma stating 2921 miles on the Odometer. It read 5211 when I bought it in April 2007.
I have a PILE of receipts from both the guy who restored it in the 80’s as well as everything I have done with it since I have had it. There is also some decent history data as relates to ownership names, numbers/contact info, etc.

Here is what I see has been changed/added in first resto based on fender tag decode by Frank at GTS Registry;
A/C works but needs a charge, I lost the charge when I changed the manifold. It worked fine before that as I had it re-done.

What I have done;
Installed the complete Hotchkis TVS suspension, includes frame connectors and front and rear sway bars….this car is a GO CART now!!
Installed 2 ½” exhaust, custom fit around suspension, kept factory exhaust manifolds!
Mufflers are Dynomax super turbos, very acceptable noise level and NO cavitation drone
Installed new 15” Rally Wheels and trim small bolt pattern. Still has left and right threads.

This car is as mechanically sound as you will find. There is some rust at the bottom of the “C” pillars under the vinyl and a pinhole over the right rear wheel opening as well as under the right rocker behind the door. It needs a paint job but that is it!
I am asking $20,000 or best offer. I have about $9k just in theA/C,suspension, exhaust, and tires/wheels. I will entertain offers, not insults. I think I covered everything as well as I can with the pics but send questions if you have them.

Bump
I cannot believe I have not even had one SERIOUS offer on this car. I see people buying projects that will eclipse what I am asking by the time they are done. The rust on this car is minimal. It does not penetrate the package tray and would be easily repaired as part of the painting process. This is a REAL GTS people!

I cannot believe I have not even had one SERIOUS offer on this car.

how longs it been for sale? you need to be patient man. especially when asking 20k for a car with rust issues and a lot of non original stuff and non matching numbers engine in this economy.

I can say that this Dart is nice. Don't let the rust issue steer you away. being a Tacoma, WA car we sometimes see that in cars but usually it's a minor issue. I can say seeing this car first hand last April at SpringFling it is as nice as described. and, it gets pretty good gas mileage.

Bump
I have been driving this car for the past two days, what a kick in the butt! Get in and GO.
I will hate to see it go but I only have so much space.

Hey guys,
I do not not darts.
Did the int come like that with the white inserts from the factory? or was it all black?

Bump
I have been driving this car for the past two days, what a kick in the butt! Get in and GO.
I will hate to see it go but I only have so much space.

I think it's a nice car, but the wording in your advertisiment makes me hesitant to make an kind of offer, based on what I think it's worth to me with the rust issues, which need adrressed now. Adding in a paint job on top. I was inclined to make an offer, since I sold my Coronet and now looking for a nice driver. No one can help how much you've spent on the car and no one ever recoupes the amount spent on a car. I feel like you're on the high end of the price range for a small block A body. Please, I don't mean to offend you, these are just my opinions and everyone has one. I'm new to the A body Forum, but not new to other Mopar forums. I was just expanding my possibilities. I love the color and the stance..

So I should be like others and just say...this is a solid car? This is surface rust and I just wanted to be straight up, I guess I'll just have to suffer for being honest. I only list what I have done to the car to let potential buyers know what it has. If I was trying to get everything back out of it the asking price would have been MUCH higher.

LUV the GTS ... I was going to go on this long drawn out reason why it is not selling .. but decided to say GOOD LUCK on the sale ...
Plain and Simple ...
Too MUCH money these days for a car needing body work ... UNLESS you know how to do body work ... it is going to cost you minimum 6000 dollars for a decent paint job ... lots of money to spend on a car after spending 17000..
Plus the fact guys want something for nothing ... who doesn't ...
Agan Good Luck ..

This car will be at Spring Fling. I will be driving it in the Friday cruise to Malibu, to the Motion Pic Car Warehouse and have it in the swap for sale Sat and Sun if still available. I will discuss offers. Put a new Master Cylinder and alternator on it last week.

Here is the scoop:

What I have done;

Had a buyer at Spring Fling and he had to back out due to some "personal problems".
This car does NOT NEED body work in the form of metal replacement. Sure, you mightwant to patch some metal but that would be your choice. You can reach all the way up both C pillars and feel that there is NO rust penetration, it is all surface stuff.
I agreed to a price considerably less than the $20 k I originally asked for.
Drive this car and you will KNOW what a deal it is......or....get all excited about a $3k project and $35 k later let me know how you are doing.

So I should be like others and just say...this is a solid car? This is surface rust and I just wanted to be straight up, I guess I'll just have to suffer for being honest. I only list what I have done to the car to let potential buyers know what it has. If I was trying to get everything back out of it the asking price would have been MUCH higher.

Drive this car and you will KNOW what a deal it is......or....get all excited about a $3k project and $35 k later let me know how you are doing.

Dude, you're coming across as angry and desperate.....I don't know why. If you want to really see what it's worth (not just what you think it's worth), stick on Ebay with a reserve of $17K or $20K, whatever. I'll tell you one thing, green cars automatically sell for less (usually). But I'm still seeing different brands of classic 60's and 70's cars selling for $20K to $35K on Ebay, so there's still people out there willing to spend for the right car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back