69 Dart - Later model glass or doors

-

Top Heavy

Reaction score
I am starting on a project, a 69 Dart, which currently has A-pillar vent windows as all factory Darts did in 1969.

My preference is the look of the one piece/coupe style glass of '73-up.

I was hoping that there might be a possibility of internal parts and glass from later models interchanging with my stock '69 doors. Thus allowing the "one piece" glass over the factory '69 glass. I do know that interior handles are in a different location, but I was hoping that was the only difference.

Or

Must I locate good & complete '73+ doors to swap, as this is the only option?

You would need just about everything from a donor Dart. The weatherstrips are different. the remote mirror cable is different, etc.., etc..

I expect to need everything, I only seek what is possible, or what option I have.

Regarless of the required items fo conversion, ancillary items such as mirrors, interior door panels, handles (inner and outer) will all be aftermarket or custom. The drip rails will be shaved, weatherstripping will be sourced from an entirely different application.

The only items that will be original Dodge are:

Door shell (be it the existing 69, or a replacement 73+)
Manual window regulator/internal brakets
Glass

Do internals swap between 67-72 and 73+?

I can't give a definitive answer to that one. I've seen one car that had the vent window deleted like you are thinking but... the owner had also installed aftermarket power window regulators.
I briefly considered the same mod for my 67 vert project. I have too many back burner ideas already. Good luck

I'm interested in doing the same thing but have not gotten a definitive answer on this myself. I'm thinking I'll buy 73+ doors and go from there. I'm interested to see any other thoughts on how to pull this off though.

The only thing similar about 67-72 vs 73-76 2dr doors is the fact that they will bolt on to an A body, other than that everything internal is different between the two.

-
Back