69 Dart Post Glass

-

69BBPost

Reaction score
Hi All, new to the forum and new to this car. I recently bought a 1969 Dart Swinger setup for street strip with a 440 and some mods. The VIN shows it as a 1969, body style is LL23 (hardtop) but it has posts and when my glass installers showed up today the windshield was a couple inches short.

I confirmed it is the 2 door sedan but wiki tells me that model was actually discontinued for 1969 so.....

I have glass for the 2 door sedan coming tomorrow and the specs read it to be taller so I'm hopeful but I'm wondering if a 1969 Dart Post is possible?
dart.jpg
20211102_123724.jpg

No marker lights, I'd say it's a '67 Dart that someone put a '69 tag and ownership on.

Not a Swinger either. Unfortunately it looks like someone has done a VIN swap on that car, taillights are definitely 68 Dart, the rest of it could be 67 or 68 with side marker lights filled.

Thanks all! Absolutely love the car and I'm not concerned at all that she's a Frankenstein. This feedback will likely help me not step into too many holes down the road.

Sedan was only available in 67-68. I'm thinking someone did a VIN title swap. Might be a problem when you go to sell it. And yes a 4dr windshield and rear glass are the same.

Check top LH side of radiator support for last 8 digits of the vin. Starting in 1969 they stamped the last 8 digits of the cars vin into the body. Before that in 68 and older it was just an assembly line sequence number. From what others have said about no 69 dart 2 door sedans being built, these numbers probably will not match the vin.

Check top LH side of radiator support for last 8 digits of the vin. Starting in 1969 they stamped the last 8 digits of the cars vin into the body. Before that in 68 and older it was just an assembly line sequence number. From what others have said about no 69 dart 2 door sedans being built, these numbers probably will not match the vin.
Well and if in fact it is a 67-68, there won’t be numbers on the radiator core support.

If you're interested in figuring out whether it's a '67 or '68 model, there are many tells. '67 has the VIN attached to the drivers door jam whereas '68 attaches it up on the dash. Look in the trunk to see if it ever had side lights. '67....no light.....'68 round light hole. It could have been welded up, but, you can usually tell if it's been done. K-members are different, wiper motors are different, steering columns are different, etc.....

its a 68...it has reveal moulding clips and 68 window trim
If you're interested in figuring out whether it's a '67 or '68 model, there are many tells. '67 has the VIN attached to the drivers door jam whereas '68 attaches it up on the dash. Look in the trunk to see if it ever had side lights. '67....no light.....'68 round light hole. It could have been welded up, but, you can usually tell if it's been done. K-members are different, wiper motors are different, steering columns are different, etc.....

She's pretty modified so a lot of the standard tells are not there....fenderwell headers took out the fender tag and the front quarters have side lights, rears don't (haven't checked if they were filled), mismatched steering column, etc...lol. I have a feeling the bulk of it is a 68 but it sounds like, outside of the windshield, I won't have too many more issues with the year. Thanks for all the help and input, I have a feeling this forum is going to come in handy as I dig in. Cheers

-
Back