'69 Dart quarters; AMD or Goodmark?

-

440BelII

Reaction score
I need some opinions about Goodmark quarter skins for the '69 Dart. Here's the dilemma;I bought this Dart as a project and it came with an Auto Body Specialities full quarter skin for the right and a brand new AMD left quarter in the box. No matter what I do, I just can't get the Auto Body Specialities quarter to line up properly and the body lines SUCK!The AMD quarter looks much better. I want to buy another quarter skin without breaking the bank. Are the Goodmark quarters just as good as the AMD ones or should I just stick with another AMD one? OK, chime in.......

If your happy with the Amd quarter why the hell would you consider anything else???

Everything I read says that the Amd are the best. And the others (all most likely made by the same place) suck.

This is not the place to try and save a few bucks.

AMD!!! thats what I used for my passenger side quarter, outer wheel house, and trunk floor extension... quality stuff, decent prices, and the stuff fits...

AMD!!! thats what I used for my passenger side quarter, outer wheel house, and trunk floor extension... quality stuff, decent prices, and the stuff fits...

That's because AMD is buying as many of the original stamping dies as they can get their hands on. I called AMD a while back and much to my surprise the owner answered the phone and after talking with him for nearly a half an hour he explained the purchasing of the dies and the licensing things he has to do to produce the quality pieces we all need.

He wasn't sure at that point if the A body stuff would be worth the trouble, as he wasn't sure about the market for them.

All of the aftermarket sheet metal needs work to look good and fit properly. AMD requires considerably less "massaging", fits better than all the others and is very close to the correct gauge steel.

That's because AMD is buying as many of the original stamping dies as they can get their hands on. I called AMD a while back and much to my surprise the owner answered the phone and after talking with him for nearly a half an hour he explained the purchasing of the dies and the licensing things he has to do to produce the quality pieces we all need.

He wasn't sure at that point if the A body stuff would be worth the trouble, as he wasn't sure about the market for them.

I spoke with them at the Nats, and they are in the process of producing Dart fenders.. 67-69.. Said they werent sure as to exactly when they would be out tho...

Thanks, for the replies, AMD it is. Nice job on your Dart, Speedracer X

Thank you sir. Don't know if you checked out the build thread, but if you do you can see all the AMD stuff going on

All of the aftermarket sheet metal needs work to look good and fit properly. AMD requires considerably less "massaging", fits better than all the others and is very close to the correct gauge steel.

Yep less, still doesn't fit like an NOS part but it's defiantly the best starting point.

Don't buy them directly from AMD though. Find a local supplier & they will cost a lot less. AMD gouges you pretty hard if you are not a dealer. I saved $150 on my quarters by buying from a supplier.

-
Back