69 Dart rear frame issues

-

Csommers

Reaction score
So I am still in the process of frame and body repair on my car. The car looks like it was hit in the rear on the passenger's side. The rear pass. frame has a kink right above the axle hump and also has some rot. The driver's side is also rusted pretty bad. Also the PO welded the leaf mounts to the side of the frame in a totally different spot..... Should I replace both or just back half the car? Both rails HAVE to be replaced. Plans for the car are a street/strip car. Car was tubbed and will be tubbed again. I can get the bare back half set up for 4link for around $600-$700 or both rear frames for around $760 @ AMD. Thanks in advance.

A company called Autoweld chassis makes A body specific boxed rails that fit the floor contours. Another member here used them, but I can't find the thread.
http://autoweldchassis.com/spec.ivnu and scroll down. Their site is cumbersome to navigate. 4 link I'd probably go with a clip.

As cobbled up as it sounds without seeing it I would think back having makes the most sense. You stated it will be tubbed again so I figure you don't care about keeping the trunk area with the spare tire well and you want as much tire under it as possible. Fact is I debated about doing that myself to one of my darts.

Sorry was busy and didn't upload pics here is what I have for a passenger side lol. Also the trunk will be cut out and flat floored with a fuel cell.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 107
-
Back