69 Dart RH Side Mirror

-
The mounting areas are opposite directions of each other.
The first photo is a remote driver’s side.
The other photos are the pass side I have.

IMG_1052.jpeg

IMG_1050.jpeg

IMG_1049.jpeg

IMG_1047.jpeg

IMG_1048.jpeg

What they said ..

But...

There is a remote RH matching mirror that came on, ( and I don't know which car) B,C,or E body

The OP was asking about a NON-remote LH mirror to be used on the passenger side. I've seen it done if you position it right and crank the mirror way in.

That's not the same mirror I have. I have a plain jane, smooth domed back.
That would have generated a different conversation had it been stated earlier with a photo of what you have. There-in lies the problem as usual..

My original post. Did I not say non remote? GEESH!!!

"Anybody know if a LH side non remote rear mirror will mount on the RH side?"

Thanks cudamark

I had a 70 Road Runner that had the plain jane non-remote mirror installed by someone. (Not me & it WAS a factory mirror) You could not adjust it enough to see down the side of the car so, it surely did NOT work on a B body. I don't think Chrysler ever made a plain jane mirror for the passenger side of any car.

Had it taped on and if I rotate it, looks like it’ll work. Picked it up at Carlisle on Friday.
You may be good to go then but, I know I could not get it to the proper angle to see down the side of my R.R., it just wouldn't pivot in that much.

As mentioned, it's a matter of positioning the mirror in the right spot before you drill the holes. You can fudge those holes just a little to give you more angle too.

I just did this with a VERY expensive mirror on my wagon, which is in super nice shape. I was nervous too but had a smart buddy help me double check the positioning. Then as menttioned above taped it off, used a spring loaded center punch to set the hole centers and started with a 1/16 bit. I used a slow drill speed to avoid the bit walking. After the pilot hole I took it out to full screw diameter, again slowly. It came out excellent, just take your time. Holes are tough to fix if you botch it up - ask me how I know...:steering:

20240707_150900.jpg

-
Back