69 Dart side marker to light conversion

-

OleNatesOlds

Reaction score
Does anyone know what year(s) will fit my 69 Dart to change the reflectors to actual parking lights? Thanks

The isn't any factory part that will bolt in. Something custom would have to be made.

Cudamark is right.. Your gonna have to do a little fabricating...

So nothing comes remotely close as far as dimensionally? What year did they start with lights ( excluding '68 )? If you were going to fab something up, where would you start?

I had some dummy try to fail me for an inspection on my 69 swinger because he said none of my side marker light worked. I just laughed and told him to check the power supply. He ended up giving me one before i left.

I have been told that 72 Duster marker lights a dimensionally similiar.. Though I'm not positive of that. Here's the thing, I was going to change my Dart to actual illuminated markers. Seeing as how there is fabrication involved, I say use whatever marker lights you like or think would look good on a Dart. Do some research on marker lights, not only from that era, but even later. When I was thinking of doing it, I had considered the marker lights from my 94 Beretta. I thought they would look cool. But as I said, in the end I decided to keep it the stock reflectors

That's funny - giving you crap about all your side markers being out. "I don't freakin' know. Ask Chrysler why they decided to skip a year..." Yeah, I don't get why they went to reflectors in '69 when they had lights in '68 and '70-up. Flippin' off to the Man???

I was thinking the same about '72 and up while the '70-'71 Dart is waaaay different and the '70-'71 Valiant is very similar in style and design (using the bezel to angle the lens) but it looks too "squarish". This is based on me looking at side marker lights on eBay (they really have the best close ups) while also sifting through the ignorance of some sellers that advertise something that's not the right year or model. I'd really need several sitting in front of me or actual lens dimensions.

Hmmm. That '72-up lens maybe would work. On the '69 bezel one might have to simply widen the distance between reflector snap holes for the lens studs to fit through plus they are nice in that they seem to have the bulb socket built in, but it's plastic. How did the circuit make a ground in '72?

I had some dummy try to fail me for an inspection on my 69 swinger because he said none of my side marker light worked. I just laughed and told him to check the power supply. He ended up giving me one before i left.

I had something similiar happen with my Dart LOL!! I am wondering though how Mopar got away with that in 69.. All their cars in 69 had the reflectors instead of lights.. but if I am not mistaken illuminated marker lights were federally mandated for 68 and up... all the other car manufactuars had illuminated markers in 69.. except for Mopar.. Crazy... lol

I'm looking to run something nice and small similar to the '68 style side markers on my '72 Demon. Has anyone here done anything like that?

Ted

I'm bookmarking this because you never know when some unknowing official will give you a hard time.

I thought about glueing an led to the back where the lens shows through but never tried it.

-
Back