69 Dart vs. chevy 2......

-

mycuda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Went to local liquor store with my Dart for sale.

Came out guy standing by car wondering what year nova it was?
Really?
And on top of that, I might be doing bodywork on his Nova 2?????

Whatever. thought it was very amusing.

Make sure you put a pentastar emblem on his fenders.

Wait. He thought a 69 dart was a chevy? That's just too out there to even think about. Dusters get the nova thing a lot. But a 69 dart? No chevy I've seen looks anything like that, the dart front end is just wayyyyy different than brand X crap.

A friend of mine races a paved oval track 81 dodge diplomat 2 door opera coupe with a volare hood n fenders for a front clip. This thing is all mopar, but he gets comments like wow thats an awesome monte carlo, or thats an awesome grand prix but howd you get those dodge fenders to fit it, even from the tech inspectors that have to safety check it before it goes on the track. Can people really be that clueless?? Yes they can!!

Last edited:
your not running one of those chevy style cowl induction hoods are you ?

:poke:

People used to tell me "nice Nova" all the time when I had my 65 Valaint 2 door hardtop.

I had a guy tell me that my 67 barracuda notch looks like a corvair, so yes, people just don't pay attention

your not running one of those chevy style cowl induction hoods are you ?

LOL. Funny you ask. Universal 3" cowl added to flat hood, couldnt stand the flat look.
Funny thing is the car was parked forward, guy couldnt even see the front.

:poke:

Well, there you go

Funny thing is people DONT pay attention
My duster gets called a charger all the time, and even a challenger once...who in thier right mind would run a license plate that reads "71DUSTR" on a challenger?

I can see where a non car guy could get confused with your Dart and a pre '68 Nova, just like the Dusters and '68 up Nova's.

I used to get a bit twister when people would come up with crap like that.
I would ask them if they went to a local high school. They would answer of course, over at Xxxxx school.
I'd reply, Oh! Well thank God my kids don't go there and they would ask why?

I'd say, well, they would learn how to read English well and how to be a detective in a minor way so they do not assume this car, a Duster is a xxxx car because it says it right here, and here, and here.....
While I point out the Duster badges.

I get "Nice Nova!" all the time...yesterday as a matter of fact.
Old guy, ex DEA. When he realised it was a Duster, he said he had one issued to him as his first "G-Car"
Think the DEA was using Dusters to blend in back then? Lol

If I had a dollar for every time someone said nice goat, I could build a hell of a nice motor in my car, my car doesn't have hardly any badging, and that's to keep em wondering!!

I stopped by a gas station today to add a few pounds to the airshocks
now, the fill valves on my airshocks double as license plate mounting screws
while I was doing this, a guy come over and started a conversation with me
LOOKING RIGHT AT WHAT I WAS DOING and asked what year my car was

:banghead:

Well, there you go

Funny thing is people DONT pay attention
My duster gets called a charger all the time, and even a challenger once...who in thier right mind would run a license plate that reads "71DUSTR" on a challenger?

Actually a Duster can look a lot like a south of the border "Charger" or an Aussie "Charger"

I have this salesman card that was used to promote the valiant over the chebbyII back in 67.

Picture 1451.jpg

Picture 1456.jpg

Hey! Thats not a Chevy it's a Skylark!
It's one of those RARE 76-1/2s.!
On Barret-Jackson those things go for BIG MONEY!

Hey! Thats not a Chevy it's a Skylark!
It's one of those RARE 76-1/2s.!
On Barrett-Jackson, those things go for STUPID MONEY!
I'm tellin ya dude, my Uncle's Cousin's Brother -in-law knew a guy at the dealership and special ordered one!...Back in the day!!! Epic Score,man!

Last edited:
so check this out

I took the duster out on a little family trip today, went to the park then to IHOP for dessert
when we were packing up I went up front to pay the bill and this couple walks through the door
the guy looks at me (I happened to be wearing a generic muscle car shirt with a challenger, a trans-am and a mustang on it)
and he says "is that your duster out there?"

I was blown away
(and hes a chevy guy, hes got a 72 chevelle)

-
Back