'69 DartTrunk Mount Battery Disconnect Switch

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
OK. So I want to mount my battery in the trunk of my '69 Dart street runner and need an exterior disconnect switch to be NHRA legal when racing. I don't want to cut through the visible exterior of the body. Anybody got any creative ideas to solve this dilemma? 20 years ago I mounted the switch through the lower half of the rt side tail light, but don't really want to do that again. Help!

I seen a switch mounted on the license plate area of a 68 or 69 Dart bumper... the wiring run through a drain plug! With your Dart also being street legal you would have to be creative mounting the switch for easy view of the license plate.

Yep...though the bumper or license plate are is the way to go. I don't wanna drill into my tail panel either so i think I am gonna put mine in the bumper.

saw one in a magazine once that had the kill in the blinker what a stinker:bootysha:
woops just saw the last half of your post skip that blinker thing

I put mine on my Duster in between the plate and the right
tail pipe. On a bracket off thr rear frame behind the bumper.
I ran the wires through the floor buy the bracing by the jack.
Just to keep them out of the way. The switch only hangs about
3 in. below the bumper. Passed tech and does not hang to low
to hang up on anything or look gaudy.

dart_back_2003_6x4.jpg

Yep...though the bumper or license plate are is the way to go. I don't wanna drill into my tail panel either so i think I am gonna put mine in the bumper.
Hey, if you go through the license plate, you could order a vanity plate that says ON OFF.

You may want to consider a "push-pull switch" from Flamming River. You can mount it under the car and just mount a holder for the lever. Have the lever coming out underneath the bumper. And a side note, the lever can be taken off fairly easy so it only has to be there when you go to the track. It will have to be labeled "push off" which Flamming River supplies with a switch.

I mounted one in the middle of my license plate before. I don't know how the cops are in your state, but they are assholes in Oklahoma. I was pulled over, told to go get a new plate and not to "destroy state property again". My response was, if it's state property, why did I PAY several hundred dollars for it? He didn't write me a ticket for "improperly displaying a tag", but I guess he could have. Lesson learned, took it out, one less reason to have to deal with another asshole on a regular basis.

-
Back