'69 Fargo W100

-
What exactly is the red canister, I have never seen that before.

Basically you plug it in to a 120V outlet on a cold morning and it pumps coolant through your system, while heating it up. Then when you start the engine, you don't have to wait for the engine to heat up before you get heat through the vents, because the water is already hot.

Basically you plug it in to a 120V outlet on a cold morning and it pumps coolant through your system, while heating it up. Then when you start the engine, you don't have to wait for the engine to heat up before you get heat through the vents, because the water is already hot.

So it actually pumps the coolant or is just heats like a block heater?

What brand is it?
I see Kat's sells them new.

Yeah, it gets way colder up your way.
This winter has been about 20 deg lower than normal, so I am getting tired of putting the magnetic oil pan heater on the old power wagon I have.

I have used soft plug heaters in the past, but they work ok.
I also seen lower radiator hose heaters but have never used one.

The new ones like you have with the circulating pump are like $60.00 and block / lower hose heater are $30 so is it worth the extra money?

I haven't actually used this one yet in the vehicle so I'm not sure, but I could send you the other one I have and you could give it a try? The heater and pump both work but the output side has some rust on the nipple that you may want to clean up a bit.

It's been a while since I've posted the progress, so here it is. I extended my shop out for another vehicle, but had a bunch of brake work to do on my '66 Rambler before I could pull the truck in.

The truck is running and driving, but it still needs to be gone through before being on the road, so that's what I've been doing.

I had purchased a gauge cluster from a member on the site but never really checked it out since receiving it. Turns out there was a very clean wiring harness attached along with a few emblems, some knobs and switches, and a mirror. I decided to pull out my existing harness since it had been cut into by the previous owners and chewed by rats. I cleaned the build up of slime off the windows and cleaned up/installed the visors. I pulled both doors apart and freed up the latches and window rollers, and put the door panels back together. I purchased a new dual diaphragm brake booster and new master cylinder, and ran all new brake lines. I moved the distribution valve up from inside the frame for easier access. Since I was having so much trouble finding the proper brake hoses for this truck, I used readily available hoses and welded brackets to the frame to make it easier to change them out if needed. The clutch and brake pedal were seized together so whenever one was pressed, the other would go with it. I wasn't able to free them up, so I cut them out with a sawzall and made up a new pin for them to ride on using a 7" bolt and some brass sleeves. I had some old sockets I wasn't using so I cut them up as spacers. Sort of thrown together, but it works and its under the dash.

Old harness out..

New harness going in..

Glass before and after cleaning..

New brake hose setup..

Booster, MC, and lines run..

With the door panels and visors..

And the now unstuck pedals..

Original stuck piece..

New setup..

I didn't like the looks of that gauge cluster bezel so I changed it back to the original plain black one. I did a bunch of work over the last few days such as rewired the back end, tail lights, reverse lights, got the brake lights, signal lights all working. I had to modify the reverse light housings to retrofit new sockets in them since the old ones were so rusty. The U bolts were badly rusted so those were replaced. Carmen helped me bleed the brakes last night, and then I took it for a test down the driveway. Let's just say they're pretty damn good. I changed both diff fluids, tranny and tcase, and found out I have 3.55 SG and not 4.10s like I figured there'd be. 4 hi and low seem to be working fine. I made a video of the truck yesterday, so once its uploaded to YouTube I'll post it. Well it's off to insure it.

Thanks for the comments, I'm excited to get it going.

Moparker, Fargo is a Canadian brand. I actually don't know the mileage, I haven't thought to look. I'm not sure why it was parked either, but I know the old woman's nephew had started a resto of some kind on it.

Steve - I'll keep that in mind, thank you!

Dragondan, that's a cool truck! Here's my '65 Fargo W300.

Sireland, thanks for the tips, I'll give those a try.

Every time I see your truck I just want to go home and throw rocks at my car

Those front tires were pretty scary so I stopped at my cousins house last night and swapped them out with some spare 33s he had to match up with the rears.

Attachments

• IMG_20150604_205535.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 126
Love how it sounds when you close the doors and hood! Real metal... Sounds Good.

-
Back